1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I'm dissappointed!
By JV on 08/12/07 00:13 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

Got this vehicle a few months ago (02/2007) at 143,000 miles and was pretty excited at first and started to appreciate everything about the vehicle - believing the "big hype about Civic's" more and more until last month (07/2007). The radiator blew up then other problems followed, even after a new radiator! It had an overheating problem before according to the previous owner, so maybe the previous owner was naive and careless and weakened the overall life of the car. Maybe it's because this model was manufactured in Canada as Honda of Canada Inc. Since this is my first Honda ever, it made a poor impression and I may never look at Honda's ever again, unless it's Japan made!

Still going
By hondaguy on 08/10/07 23:34 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I have owned many Honda motorcycles in my life, but this was my first Honda car. I'm sold. I bought this car as to be a reliable, sporty commuter car when I returned to school. It had 22,000 miles on it and it was three years old--dealer maintained. 170,000 miles and ten years later--I refuse to sell it. It just will not die. I make well into six figures a year, and this car is still my daily driver. I drive it 80 mph to work every day, and it gets 33-36 mpg. It has never given me a major repair bill. Other than regular maintenance on brakes, belts, exhaust, plugs and wires etc.. The only real repairs I have had to make are CV joints on both front axles (twice),and a new radiator.

Good Car
By Jaylee on 04/14/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Good car, great gas mileage. Would be a great car to send your kid off to college in. Not so great for a family of 4, though!

A Steady, Peppy Companion
By Tracy on 06/10/06 20:58 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

My Honda has been a cream puff for 12 yrs. Have had to fix a few things every 3 years but mostly just oil changes and scheduled maintenance. This is a great economy car and the EX Coupe with its VTEC engine and extras has been fun to drive. Can't go wrong with this car.

Good Luck with my Honda Civic!
By Beth on 03/02/06 07:45 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I have had really good luck with my 1994 Honda Civic DX. It has 178,000 miles on it. About 3 yrs ago, a lot of things went wrong with it at the same time. But they were all things that if I had kept on top of them, they probably wouldn't have gone wrong like they did. I have been extremely happy with my car, and even today, I get about 32 mpg. The main thing I would gripe about is that I am about to put in the 2nd compressor for my A/C.

very reliable
By 1994 Honda Civic on 02/17/06 19:25 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

bought this car brand new twelve years age and it has been great Extremly reliable and I change the oil twice a year and the car still runs strong I love this honda

Only Honda's for me
By Only Honda's on 02/16/06 04:58 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

I have purchased hondas for the last 10 years started with a CRX and then purchased a 93 cx hatch and then upgraded to a 94 si hatch. Si is the way to go fast, fun and a pleasure to drive. I just traded in my 02 honda civic ex for a 03 honda civic si hatch and I love it, love it, love it. All hondas get great gas mileage and have little to none repairs. Worth every penny!!!!!

King Honda
By Johnny4Wheels on 10/28/05 01:52 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Fantastic vehicle! I bought this with 164,000 miles on it and you'd never know it by the way it runs. Heck, the interior looks practically brand new! The paint hasn't held up too well, but it is 11 years old. It is a fun car to drive with plenty of pep with a 5-speed. Also, I think this generation Civic is the best looking. I'm 6'6", so it's a bit tight, but not too uncomfortable. Lots of legroom helps, but the seats don't support my back too well. Small price to pay for 43 mpg (not running AC), though! I foresee many more enjoyable miles with my new best friend.

Honda EX
By sufurair on 08/22/05 19:14 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

A great car. At 128k miles, things are supposed to break even though it is a Honda. Other than that, great gas mileage for the year and fun to drive. Could use some more cockpit storage space.

This is a great car
By Jack on 08/16/05 14:45 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for $200 from someone who tore up the tranny. It is a 5 speed and this kid didn't know how to drive one, so he learned on this car. It is great! The only reason I had to go into the tranny was because of him, and it was a simple fix. It has 156,000 miles on it, and it is very dependable. I do wish it was a little more comfortable, but it will do with gas being $2.80 a gallon. 42 MPG in a 12 year old car!!!