Used 1994 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews - 84 Car Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

5 yr. ownership
By Linas

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 128,000 miles on it. I am very satisfied with it and like the performance and handling of the car. It is a manual transmission and the shifts are smooth. I have not made any major repairs on it. I have taken 1000 mile road trips with this car. I am looking forward to buying a Civic Si soon.

Why don't they still make 'em?
By Brent

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

Why don't they still make cars like this. I have 114k on this car and I am getting 40-42 mpg with a five speed manual trans. I drive conservatively so I get the gas mileage. I thought about buying a new civic but why??? Less mpg and a big dollar price. I hope to drive this for many years to come.

MPG, easy to drive

Seats are hard and don't offer a lot of support.

I love my car
By EHO

1994 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new because my new wife & stepdaughter didn't fit in my CRX. From the day this car entered the garage my teenage stepdaughter coveted this car so you know it was cool looking from the word go. On the road it handles like a dream, it has reasonable go (5 sp manual), and slices up Santa Cruz's highway 17 like it's on rails (w/ 185/60014 Yokohama summer tires). It gets great gas mileage, on the highway 400+ miles from a tank happens all the time. Recently, I had a major failure, most likely a throwout bearing and the main shaft on the trans is making noise (155K). This is how much I love this car: $2100 estimate and I'm fixing it. Live on! (The Fit Sport will have to wait).

VTEC engine, suspension, all around great handling, wonderful gas mileage, body styling that still looks great 15 years later.

everyone else has said it all: lights on alert and better cup holders. the cup holders block the power adapter for your mp3 player.

first car
By jrm

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car, got it in high school (DX hatch, 5-spd). Not problem-free but I drove it hard, and it was a blast to drive (I now have an LS1 Camaro which is infinitely faster and more powerful but this Civic was so light it was just a lot of fun). Unfortunately this car was totaled by my sister about 7 years ago. Sometimes I wish I still had it. Gas mileage was an honest 27 city / 32 highway - real numbers not EPA.

Engine was gutless down low but has decent pep from 4500-6500 rpm (don't be scared to rev it), tranny was the best shifting FWD I've ever driven, better than the Mazda R2 in my F-150 and at least as good as the T-56 in my Camaro. Car was light, maneuverable and fun to drive.

CV joints were crap (went through 2 sets), brake rotors warp (2 sets as well). 2nd gear synchro was about gone when it was totaled. A/C not suited to Texas summers (car was black but that's no excuse).

i love my honda
By gigi48

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

My 94 Honda Civic has taken me across the country and back without fail. This is a great car that has been extremely reliable. I have owned the car since 98 and have had no major mechanical problems. At 130k, I had to replace the ignition switch. The part was $40 and it was easy enough that I did the work myself. Great car!