Used 1994 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

first car
By jrm

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car, got it in high school (DX hatch, 5-spd). Not problem-free but I drove it hard, and it was a blast to drive (I now have an LS1 Camaro which is infinitely faster and more powerful but this Civic was so light it was just a lot of fun). Unfortunately this car was totaled by my sister about 7 years ago. Sometimes I wish I still had it. Gas mileage was an honest 27 city / 32 highway - real numbers not EPA.

Engine was gutless down low but has decent pep from 4500-6500 rpm (don't be scared to rev it), tranny was the best shifting FWD I've ever driven, better than the Mazda R2 in my F-150 and at least as good as the T-56 in my Camaro. Car was light, maneuverable and fun to drive.

CV joints were crap (went through 2 sets), brake rotors warp (2 sets as well). 2nd gear synchro was about gone when it was totaled. A/C not suited to Texas summers (car was black but that's no excuse).

i love my honda
By gigi48

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

My 94 Honda Civic has taken me across the country and back without fail. This is a great car that has been extremely reliable. I have owned the car since 98 and have had no major mechanical problems. At 130k, I had to replace the ignition switch. The part was $40 and it was easy enough that I did the work myself. Great car!

Civic VX
By truespeed01

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Well I just bought my civic and I just love it. I get 40 mpg with its vtec motor under the hood. It has 75000 miles on it and orig bought it to do a motor swap. But the stock motor is so great I am gonna hold off a few more weeks and enjoy the great gas mileage. As far as the inside the cup holders are the worst ever your better off using the center console and the seat. The stock seats are horrible and I added some seats front a newer RSX type S.As far as the interior other than the seats everything is nice I also replaced the dash lights with led bulbs to brighten them up a bit. Car Is fun to drive and is a great platform to build off of. With the swap it runs 13's and gets 30 mpg.Yay crvtec!

The weight and the gas mileage And soon to be 13 sec quarter mile and 30 mpg

Needs better cup holders better front seats and a twin cam engine 2.0 liter.

"Like a Go-Cart
By AlexJDMcivic

1994 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

I recently purchased my new Honda Civic 3dr DOHC 1.6 vtec straight from japan. Right hand drive, good car had some radiator hose problems, good traction and good acceleration, vtec

easy to get through traffic, the car is small low to the ground and fast

none

14 Years Old and Still Awesome
By GasSipperEX

1994 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used a little over a year ago and yes I found a diamond. 13 years old at the time of purchase with 70,000 miles on it. Car has been great and very fun every day. I changed the brakes, radiator, timing belt, spark plugs etc.. when I bought the car. This car runs like new and I hope to have it another 14 years. My cars before this were an SC400, Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, Toyota Supra TT. Even though I had those cars and sold them. I love this civic so much more. It gets great gas mileage, no one wants to race, and I can just cruise with my sunroof open and get 35+ MPG where ever I go. I lucked out and grew out of the cool car faze just in time. I would not go back.

35+MPG, comfortable ride, easy to maintain, Sunroof, power everything, great all around car to do everything around town and great on long trips too.

Bring it back!!! the whole 92-95 Civic and Del Sol line. These cars are still great today and people are always looking for one of these cars. Wish I could find another.