Used 1994 Honda Civic DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

very reliable.
By kaytebug22

1994 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

i bought this car used at 176,000 ish miles for $2,300 in 2005, already 11 years old. it's just had it's last run now in 2012 at 312,000 miles!! honestly i could probably get it running for $50 but its had it's time and i'm ready for something different. I have never had any major repairs done to this car. although i've always had some blower motor switch problem that i could have fixed but didn't. the blower finally quit nov 2011. if i had fixed my problem when it was small it would have been fine. i drove this car across country 900 mile journey 3 times and countless trips in range of 100 miles at a time. great long lasting car!

i love that this car was built to last! its a cute small car that people offered to buy off me many times. it was fantastic on gas. my 10 gal tank would without problems take me over 300 miles even when my tune up was long overdue.

my only negative about this car was that it was very "econo" in comfort and lacked any quality cup holder.

Good Luck with my Honda Civic!
By Beth

1994 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have had really good luck with my 1994 Honda Civic DX. It has 178,000 miles on it. About 3 yrs ago, a lot of things went wrong with it at the same time. But they were all things that if I had kept on top of them, they probably wouldn't have gone wrong like they did. I have been extremely happy with my car, and even today, I get about 32 mpg. The main thing I would gripe about is that I am about to put in the 2nd compressor for my A/C.

Improved AC units.

very reliable
By 1994 Honda Civic

1994 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

bought this car brand new twelve years age and it has been great Extremly reliable and I change the oil twice a year and the car still runs strong I love this honda

reliability

Cupholders

A Spunky Little Honda
By imaculprit

1994 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I got it from my cousin who had it for a year. She got it from a liitle old lady that drove it to church and groceries once a week. I got it with 56,000 miles on it. Amazing, hasn't even been broken in with. It unfortunately is an automatic transmission. Though a 5-spd is more sporty, this little honda can hold the road for a front wheel drive car, even on wet pavement. With the proper tires on it. This car will drive forever if I let it. I observe about 27-32 mpg depending on how I drive for the week. I average 250 miles a tank which lasts 6-7 days. With the price of gas it is important. The brakes are flawless. No leaks and little squeaks.

1994 was the last year Honda build the civic completly in Japan. Reliability is great. I've seen some go for 250k to 300k on original engine and transmission. Automatic shifts better than a 96 Ford Escort, and is more reliable. This will serve me well till my next car. Either Acura or Lexus.

You have to remember it's a 94. Cupholders are not great. Anything bigger than 15 oz and it's hard to get in and out. Doors not automatically opening with handle takes time to get used to.

ZIPPY!!
By MelissaH

1994 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have owned many cars, and this one is by far the most fun out of them all. Even with the small engine, it is incredibly zippy. The 5 speed manual transmission makes it even more fun to drive. Owning this car has made me a major fan of Honda. I am purchasing the 2004 Honda Pilot (family outgrew the Civic, unfortunately). I will definately miss this car.

Amazing gas milage...fun to drive...low maintence (other than regular upkeep)...5 speed manual transmission....nice size trunk

wind noise....lack of storage in the front seat...no light in the trunk (hanging a flashlight in the back helps)....an indicator that the headlights are on (make sure to carry jumper cables!)