1994 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
best civic ever
By samehkane on 09/15/13 03:58 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

best handling car - great performance - all thing work perfectly after all this year - best value for money - can easily beat any car in its class - very sporty

Can't go wrong
By frankjfavela on 08/20/13 10:52 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my younger brothers 94 Honda Civic Lx after he could no longer afford it and I my 2003 Ford Expedition XLT, the MPG was killing me I was spending about $100 a week just on gas and I was only able to use it for work. The Civic was a blessing the car even though it's underpowered gets amazing MPG plus filling up with only $40 a every 1 1/2 for me makes it worth every penny, the car has cosmetic issues the paint was all burned and the paint scratched but she runs like if she was new and with 138K on her already I expect another 200K easy. I would sell my Civic for anything.

very reliable.
By kaytebug22 on 07/22/12 22:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

i bought this car used at 176,000 ish miles for $2,300 in 2005, already 11 years old. it's just had it's last run now in 2012 at 312,000 miles!! honestly i could probably get it running for $50 but its had it's time and i'm ready for something different. I have never had any major repairs done to this car. although i've always had some blower motor switch problem that i could have fixed but didn't. the blower finally quit nov 2011. if i had fixed my problem when it was small it would have been fine. i drove this car across country 900 mile journey 3 times and countless trips in range of 100 miles at a time. great long lasting car!

5 yr. ownership
By Linas on 02/05/10 11:52 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 128,000 miles on it. I am very satisfied with it and like the performance and handling of the car. It is a manual transmission and the shifts are smooth. I have not made any major repairs on it. I have taken 1000 mile road trips with this car. I am looking forward to buying a Civic Si soon.

i love my honda
By gigi48 on 09/26/08 18:04 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My 94 Honda Civic has taken me across the country and back without fail. This is a great car that has been extremely reliable. I have owned the car since 98 and have had no major mechanical problems. At 130k, I had to replace the ignition switch. The part was $40 and it was easy enough that I did the work myself. Great car!

Good Car
By Jaylee on 04/14/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Good car, great gas mileage. Would be a great car to send your kid off to college in. Not so great for a family of 4, though!

Good Luck with my Honda Civic!
By Beth on 03/02/06 07:45 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I have had really good luck with my 1994 Honda Civic DX. It has 178,000 miles on it. About 3 yrs ago, a lot of things went wrong with it at the same time. But they were all things that if I had kept on top of them, they probably wouldn't have gone wrong like they did. I have been extremely happy with my car, and even today, I get about 32 mpg. The main thing I would gripe about is that I am about to put in the 2nd compressor for my A/C.

very reliable
By 1994 Honda Civic on 02/17/06 19:25 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

bought this car brand new twelve years age and it has been great Extremly reliable and I change the oil twice a year and the car still runs strong I love this honda

They should build 'em all like this!
By Kate on 08/10/05 11:44 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car for over 11 years. Car makers of the world should take lessons from Honda. I'd have kept it indefinitely except for wanting the more advanced safety features available in new cars. I held out for as long as I could!

Bought my Civic used in 1998
By Wayne Lewis on 03/28/05 13:49 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

The most annoying part of this little 4 door sedan is the automatic transmission.Though it has been trouble-free, it is underpowered from ramp speed up to highway speed. It will cruise nicely at 120 kilometres an hour just over 70 miles per hour. I bought the car used privately with 110,000 kilometres (65,000 miles). I have had few problems with it and it now has nearly 300,000 kilometres or 180,000 miles. I plan on keeping it another 2 years and with the Krown rustproofing the car has seen since it was 4 years old annually, it still looks great! The car has had an axle and upper ball joint replacement on one side front- end. The remainder has been normal maintenence!Great car!