Used 1994 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

best civic ever
By samehkane

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

best handling car - great performance - all thing work perfectly after all this year - best value for money - can easily beat any car in its class - very sporty

Can't go wrong
By frankjfavela

1994 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my younger brothers 94 Honda Civic Lx after he could no longer afford it and I my 2003 Ford Expedition XLT, the MPG was killing me I was spending about $100 a week just on gas and I was only able to use it for work. The Civic was a blessing the car even though it's underpowered gets amazing MPG plus filling up with only $40 a every 1 1/2 for me makes it worth every penny, the car has cosmetic issues the paint was all burned and the paint scratched but she runs like if she was new and with 138K on her already I expect another 200K easy. I would sell my Civic for anything.

MPG, tire prices, power everything and very little maintenance.

Wish the 1.5L had more power and torque.

very reliable.
By kaytebug22

1994 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

i bought this car used at 176,000 ish miles for $2,300 in 2005, already 11 years old. it's just had it's last run now in 2012 at 312,000 miles!! honestly i could probably get it running for $50 but its had it's time and i'm ready for something different. I have never had any major repairs done to this car. although i've always had some blower motor switch problem that i could have fixed but didn't. the blower finally quit nov 2011. if i had fixed my problem when it was small it would have been fine. i drove this car across country 900 mile journey 3 times and countless trips in range of 100 miles at a time. great long lasting car!

i love that this car was built to last! its a cute small car that people offered to buy off me many times. it was fantastic on gas. my 10 gal tank would without problems take me over 300 miles even when my tune up was long overdue.

my only negative about this car was that it was very "econo" in comfort and lacked any quality cup holder.

5 yr. ownership
By Linas

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 128,000 miles on it. I am very satisfied with it and like the performance and handling of the car. It is a manual transmission and the shifts are smooth. I have not made any major repairs on it. I have taken 1000 mile road trips with this car. I am looking forward to buying a Civic Si soon.

i love my honda
By gigi48

1994 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My 94 Honda Civic has taken me across the country and back without fail. This is a great car that has been extremely reliable. I have owned the car since 98 and have had no major mechanical problems. At 130k, I had to replace the ignition switch. The part was $40 and it was easy enough that I did the work myself. Great car!