Used 1994 Honda Civic VX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love this car X2
By dakkri

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

I have just purchased my second VX, a 1994. My first was a 1992 and I drove it until I needed a truck and traded it in at 168,000 miles. Bought this '94 after a long search for a later year model with the 2 airbags. My '92 got a consistent 47 per gallon highway with the A/C on, 50 with A/C off. The '94's mileage is about the same. No hybrid BS, no batteries to replace. This car is a great commuter car and still fun to drive. Cheap to own, cheap to repair, cheap to insure. I wish Honda would build a new version of this no hybrid, no weird looking, 50 mpg car.

Favorite Features

50+ mpg on highway, tracks great, solid.

Suggested Improvements

Build a new version of this car that gets 50+ on the highway.

Honda at the Pinnacle of Quality
By tommy thompson

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

Awesome mpg: 41/50 combined with 11 trouble free year gives the VX a hands down win in my book

Suggested Improvements

Better tranny for smoother low speed maneuvering in traffic

Great car
By Jesus Vega

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

3 years of constant driving an average of 45 miles per day never gave me any problems besides going thru a couple of clutches was never taken into the shop for mechanical problems only maintenance. The fuel mileage on this car is outstanding I usually filled the tank with 8 10 dollars and lasted around 360 miles a full tank. I recently sold my Honda, which after already having a new used Mitsubishi eclipse 99 still was hart broken when the happy new owners drove of in my Honda. I love my new car but after a month I still miss my Honda which never let me down.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency

Suggested Improvements

Cheaper parts

VX's before Insights
By moranec

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

In the aftermath of Desert Storm, Honda came out with the V-tec engine, a marvel of automotive precision and efficiency. Putting it in the little Civic proved to be a winner for fuel efficiency. Boasting 45-48 MPG, these engines were turning out specs the new gas/electric Insights and VW TDI technology are only now surpassing. If zippy performance is a key to car enjoyment, forget the VX. It's mainstrength comes at the pump when years after year of ownership will be favored by stingy fuel bills. In an era of gas-guzzling SUV's, look for the VX model for a find that will reward you with reliability and incredible fuel efficiency.