Used 1994 Honda Civic Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Love this car X2
By dakkri

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

I have just purchased my second VX, a 1994. My first was a 1992 and I drove it until I needed a truck and traded it in at 168,000 miles. Bought this '94 after a long search for a later year model with the 2 airbags. My '92 got a consistent 47 per gallon highway with the A/C on, 50 with A/C off. The '94's mileage is about the same. No hybrid BS, no batteries to replace. This car is a great commuter car and still fun to drive. Cheap to own, cheap to repair, cheap to insure. I wish Honda would build a new version of this no hybrid, no weird looking, 50 mpg car.

Favorite Features

50+ mpg on highway, tracks great, solid.

Suggested Improvements

Build a new version of this car that gets 50+ on the highway.

I hate to sell it!
By Proud owner

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1994 Honda Civic hatchback brand new and only use to go grocery shopping and other local driving. It has approx. 43,000 miles on it and is in great condition. I'm thinking about selling it mainly for new and improved safety features. but I hate to let it go!

Beast car!
By rid

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

So this was a hand-me down car from my mom that got a 09 Honda accord. Truly this car is older than me but it doesn't seem like it. The car has a sturdy build and awesome feel when driving. The interior is a clean cut design and cant get any better. I truly think its built better than my moms car and I'm only 15. My car has over 200,000 miles in it and has a new engine and has been taken care of and its better than any coupe car out there today. its even better than the top fuel efficient car out there getting a top mpg of 46!

Favorite Features

46+ mpg and easy cleaning car!

Suggested Improvements

sunroof and cruise control

first car
By jrm

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car, got it in high school (DX hatch, 5-spd). Not problem-free but I drove it hard, and it was a blast to drive (I now have an LS1 Camaro which is infinitely faster and more powerful but this Civic was so light it was just a lot of fun). Unfortunately this car was totaled by my sister about 7 years ago. Sometimes I wish I still had it. Gas mileage was an honest 27 city / 32 highway - real numbers not EPA.

Favorite Features

Engine was gutless down low but has decent pep from 4500-6500 rpm (don't be scared to rev it), tranny was the best shifting FWD I've ever driven, better than the Mazda R2 in my F-150 and at least as good as the T-56 in my Camaro. Car was light, maneuverable and fun to drive.

Suggested Improvements

CV joints were crap (went through 2 sets), brake rotors warp (2 sets as well). 2nd gear synchro was about gone when it was totaled. A/C not suited to Texas summers (car was black but that's no excuse).

Civic VX
By truespeed01

1994 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Well I just bought my civic and I just love it. I get 40 mpg with its vtec motor under the hood. It has 75000 miles on it and orig bought it to do a motor swap. But the stock motor is so great I am gonna hold off a few more weeks and enjoy the great gas mileage. As far as the inside the cup holders are the worst ever your better off using the center console and the seat. The stock seats are horrible and I added some seats front a newer RSX type S.As far as the interior other than the seats everything is nice I also replaced the dash lights with led bulbs to brighten them up a bit. Car Is fun to drive and is a great platform to build off of. With the swap it runs 13's and gets 30 mpg.Yay crvtec!

Favorite Features

The weight and the gas mileage And soon to be 13 sec quarter mile and 30 mpg

Suggested Improvements

Needs better cup holders better front seats and a twin cam engine 2.0 liter.