Used 1994 Honda Civic DX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

great budget car
By rodmanzer

1994 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car in 2009 with 149,900 miles. The paint was original but the clear was coming off and the color was fading. It came with all new belts,hoses,radiator, ignition wires that I can see. It is an automatic with A/C and power steering. Disappointed no anti lock brakes they were an option.It runs perfect and a year later still does, it burns the normal amount of oil all engines do no matter the miles. It is a gutless wonder, rids like crud and you have to punch it just to get going but it gets great gas mileage and is very reliable. I worked for Honda in the service department so I knew what to get as a economy car used and I like to buy American GM's they are great too.

Favorite Features

great budget car that should last just maintain it and don't overheat it or goodbye motor. Mileage is good but not over 32 like others claim.

Suggested Improvements

Suspension, it rides and handles as cheap as it costs. No clock. The automatic Transmission shifter goes into d3 not d4 when you put into gear you have to remember to put up one. NO POWER.

Why don't they still make 'em?
By Brent

1994 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

Why don't they still make cars like this. I have 114k on this car and I am getting 40-42 mpg with a five speed manual trans. I drive conservatively so I get the gas mileage. I thought about buying a new civic but why??? Less mpg and a big dollar price. I hope to drive this for many years to come.

Favorite Features

MPG, easy to drive

Suggested Improvements

Seats are hard and don't offer a lot of support.

I'm dissappointed!
By JV

1994 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

Got this vehicle a few months ago (02/2007) at 143,000 miles and was pretty excited at first and started to appreciate everything about the vehicle - believing the "big hype about Civic's" more and more until last month (07/2007). The radiator blew up then other problems followed, even after a new radiator! It had an overheating problem before according to the previous owner, so maybe the previous owner was naive and careless and weakened the overall life of the car. Maybe it's because this model was manufactured in Canada as Honda of Canada Inc. Since this is my first Honda ever, it made a poor impression and I may never look at Honda's ever again, unless it's Japan made!

Favorite Features

Light weight and easy to drive. I also like the sporty body look!

Suggested Improvements

The new Civic's now are all well built with excellent features as well.

This is a great car
By Jack

1994 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car for $200 from someone who tore up the tranny. It is a 5 speed and this kid didn't know how to drive one, so he learned on this car. It is great! The only reason I had to go into the tranny was because of him, and it was a simple fix. It has 156,000 miles on it, and it is very dependable. I do wish it was a little more comfortable, but it will do with gas being $2.80 a gallon. 42 MPG in a 12 year old car!!!

Favorite Features

5 speed

A Great Cheap Car
By I own a Honda

1994 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

The Civic is a great cheap car. Cheap to maintain but not cheap in quality. It will never fail you. Great for short trips/daily commute. Not great for long trips--too much road noise.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage, small size makes it easy to drive.

Suggested Improvements

better cupholders, make front seats more comfortable, sound insulation