1994 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I love my car
By EHO on 01/30/09 21:38 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new because my new wife & stepdaughter didn't fit in my CRX. From the day this car entered the garage my teenage stepdaughter coveted this car so you know it was cool looking from the word go. On the road it handles like a dream, it has reasonable go (5 sp manual), and slices up Santa Cruz's highway 17 like it's on rails (w/ 185/60014 Yokohama summer tires). It gets great gas mileage, on the highway 400+ miles from a tank happens all the time. Recently, I had a major failure, most likely a throwout bearing and the main shaft on the trans is making noise (155K). This is how much I love this car: $2100 estimate and I'm fixing it. Live on! (The Fit Sport will have to wait).

14 Years Old and Still Awesome
By GasSipperEX on 05/27/08 02:32 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car used a little over a year ago and yes I found a diamond. 13 years old at the time of purchase with 70,000 miles on it. Car has been great and very fun every day. I changed the brakes, radiator, timing belt, spark plugs etc.. when I bought the car. This car runs like new and I hope to have it another 14 years. My cars before this were an SC400, Mitsubishi Evolution VIII, Toyota Supra TT. Even though I had those cars and sold them. I love this civic so much more. It gets great gas mileage, no one wants to race, and I can just cruise with my sunroof open and get 35+ MPG where ever I go. I lucked out and grew out of the cool car faze just in time. I would not go back.

My First Car
By KoreanMofo on 03/17/08 23:01 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I finally managed to get my first car. A 1994 Honda Civic EX coupe. This car was originally my uncle's vehicle. I must say, it is a blast to have! I have a 5 speed manual transmission, and even though the engine is relatively small, I still enjoy dropping the clutch and lighting up the tires. As of right now, I have had no major problems with the vehicle other than a headlight went out, and my windshield fluid spray nozzles only shoot streams instead of spray.

1994 Honda Civic 2 Dr EX Coupe
By Another reviewer on 01/22/08 10:54 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Bought used and it's been reliable except just found out the quarterpanels rust out, will need to POR-15 them come summer. Other than that nothing has failed, just standard maintenance for a car with 112k miles on it.

Time Marathon
By cm221975 on 12/21/07 08:53 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This car now has 250k and it has gone without any problems. Seriously, no problems! It has been a beast amongs beast! I love it, this is the best car in the plan on never selling it. I am writing this review because now that I have had the car for 14 years and 250k miles, I wanted people to know about its reliability. Yes I change the brakes, and oil, and your usual old car thing...everyone I know is amazed at hoe long this car has lasted...specially since I am not the nicest person to it.

Excellent first car
By seaniboi77 on 11/01/07 21:15 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Excellent first car, tons of fun to drive. VTEC engine is full of pep and after adding a short ram intake sounds amazing. Fuel mileage is great and hardly any problems. I bought it with some mechanical work needed due to overheating but all I need now is to replace the tranny fluid. Great car, I'd never buy anything but a Honda(except a 'stang).

Excellent first car
By seaniboi77 on 10/31/07 21:39 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Excellent car, lots of fun to drive. I bought with some problems but it's all fixed now.

Still going
By hondaguy on 08/10/07 23:34 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I have owned many Honda motorcycles in my life, but this was my first Honda car. I'm sold. I bought this car as to be a reliable, sporty commuter car when I returned to school. It had 22,000 miles on it and it was three years old--dealer maintained. 170,000 miles and ten years later--I refuse to sell it. It just will not die. I make well into six figures a year, and this car is still my daily driver. I drive it 80 mph to work every day, and it gets 33-36 mpg. It has never given me a major repair bill. Other than regular maintenance on brakes, belts, exhaust, plugs and wires etc.. The only real repairs I have had to make are CV joints on both front axles (twice),and a new radiator.

A Steady, Peppy Companion
By Tracy on 06/10/06 20:58 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

My Honda has been a cream puff for 12 yrs. Have had to fix a few things every 3 years but mostly just oil changes and scheduled maintenance. This is a great economy car and the EX Coupe with its VTEC engine and extras has been fun to drive. Can't go wrong with this car.

King Honda
By Johnny4Wheels on 10/28/05 01:52 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Fantastic vehicle! I bought this with 164,000 miles on it and you'd never know it by the way it runs. Heck, the interior looks practically brand new! The paint hasn't held up too well, but it is 11 years old. It is a fun car to drive with plenty of pep with a 5-speed. Also, I think this generation Civic is the best looking. I'm 6'6", so it's a bit tight, but not too uncomfortable. Lots of legroom helps, but the seats don't support my back too well. Small price to pay for 43 mpg (not running AC), though! I foresee many more enjoyable miles with my new best friend.