Used 1994 Honda Civic EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

best civic ever
By samehkane

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

best handling car - great performance - all thing work perfectly after all this year - best value for money - can easily beat any car in its class - very sporty

5 yr. ownership
By Linas

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 128,000 miles on it. I am very satisfied with it and like the performance and handling of the car. It is a manual transmission and the shifts are smooth. I have not made any major repairs on it. I have taken 1000 mile road trips with this car. I am looking forward to buying a Civic Si soon.

i love my honda
By gigi48

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

My 94 Honda Civic has taken me across the country and back without fail. This is a great car that has been extremely reliable. I have owned the car since 98 and have had no major mechanical problems. At 130k, I had to replace the ignition switch. The part was $40 and it was easy enough that I did the work myself. Great car!

Worth Every Cent
By JaxBorn

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Bought my EX sedan new in April '94 and its been extremely reliable. Its inexpensive to own and fun to drive (I've got the 5-sp manual). I've got about 123,000 miles on it now and expect it to last at least a few more years without any problems. It's inexpensive to fix -- not that anything has gone wrong cause it hasn't. Yeah, I do the required maintenance and replaced the timing belt, water pump, etc at 90,000 miles. The VTec engine is OK, there's some power but it's a small engine so don't expect much. My next car will be a Honda product.

Gas mileage. Hey, at 70mph with the air on, I get between 37-43 mpg. Hard to beat that. And in the city, I never get below 30mpg. Second best feature is the reliability of the product. Put together well. Reliable engine. Never concerned that it won't start.

Slightly larger car would be better. Not Accord size, but something in- between. Maybe the new ones are, but that's the only thing that bugged me about this car. Yeah, the engine ain't much, but with a 5sp transmission, that helped with the pick-up.

i love my honda
By mjbotti

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Its been the the most inexpensive, reliable, fun to drive car i've ever owned. With 130,000 miles it still runs like it just rolled off the assembly line, and as a plus, on a warm sunny day you can't help but get in ur civic roll down the windows and cruise! My next car WILL be a honda!

VTEC engine, fuel economy, fun to drive, reliable!

Just needs adjustable headrests, low fuel light, and headlights on reminder, even tho ive never run out of gas or left the lights on but still they are useful