1994 Honda Civic 1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual Consumer Reviews

1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

DX Sedan (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
very reliable.
By kaytebug22 on 07/22/12 22:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

i bought this car used at 176,000 ish miles for $2,300 in 2005, already 11 years old. it's just had it's last run now in 2012 at 312,000 miles!! honestly i could probably get it running for $50 but its had it's time and i'm ready for something different. I have never had any major repairs done to this car. although i've always had some blower motor switch problem that i could have fixed but didn't. the blower finally quit nov 2011. if i had fixed my problem when it was small it would have been fine. i drove this car across country 900 mile journey 3 times and countless trips in range of 100 miles at a time. great long lasting car!

Good Luck with my Honda Civic!
By Beth on 03/02/06 07:45 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I have had really good luck with my 1994 Honda Civic DX. It has 178,000 miles on it. About 3 yrs ago, a lot of things went wrong with it at the same time. But they were all things that if I had kept on top of them, they probably wouldn't have gone wrong like they did. I have been extremely happy with my car, and even today, I get about 32 mpg. The main thing I would gripe about is that I am about to put in the 2nd compressor for my A/C.

very reliable
By 1994 Honda Civic on 02/17/06 19:25 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

bought this car brand new twelve years age and it has been great Extremly reliable and I change the oil twice a year and the car still runs strong I love this honda

A Spunky Little Honda
By imaculprit on 01/02/05 16:25 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

This is my first car. I got it from my cousin who had it for a year. She got it from a liitle old lady that drove it to church and groceries once a week. I got it with 56,000 miles on it. Amazing, hasn't even been broken in with. It unfortunately is an automatic transmission. Though a 5-spd is more sporty, this little honda can hold the road for a front wheel drive car, even on wet pavement. With the proper tires on it. This car will drive forever if I let it. I observe about 27-32 mpg depending on how I drive for the week. I average 250 miles a tank which lasts 6-7 days. With the price of gas it is important. The brakes are flawless. No leaks and little squeaks.

ZIPPY!!
By MelissaH on 11/24/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I have owned many cars, and this one is by far the most fun out of them all. Even with the small engine, it is incredibly zippy. The 5 speed manual transmission makes it even more fun to drive. Owning this car has made me a major fan of Honda. I am purchasing the 2004 Honda Pilot (family outgrew the Civic, unfortunately). I will definately miss this car.

brenda
By brendaf on 09/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car with 77,000 miles and drove 500-1000miles a week. I now have 270,000 miles and it just goes on ticking. I have had few repairs one head gasket, thermostat and other minor repairs. It is a reliable car when you are a person that knows little about repairs. I don't think I would ever want to buy any other can then a Honda.

Your Basic Car
By Owner1122 on 08/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Here's just about everything you need in a car, literally speaking. Not particularly powerful, and quite noisy at speeds, the little Civic will take you more or less wherever you want to go, and it won't exact a huge price on your bank account. The car is tolerable, and fulfills all its promises. It's kinda fun to drive, in a slow, homey kind of way. There's not much going on under the hood, but this car will never break. If you want to get from Point A to Point B, you're all over the Honda Civic DX.