1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I hate to sell it!
By Proud owner on 08/28/10 10:21 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1994 Honda Civic hatchback brand new and only use to go grocery shopping and other local driving. It has approx. 43,000 miles on it and is in great condition. I'm thinking about selling it mainly for new and improved safety features. but I hate to let it go!

first car
By jrm on 10/18/08 13:11 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This was my first car, got it in high school (DX hatch, 5-spd). Not problem-free but I drove it hard, and it was a blast to drive (I now have an LS1 Camaro which is infinitely faster and more powerful but this Civic was so light it was just a lot of fun). Unfortunately this car was totaled by my sister about 7 years ago. Sometimes I wish I still had it. Gas mileage was an honest 27 city / 32 highway - real numbers not EPA.

Civic VX
By truespeed01 on 07/20/08 15:32 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Well I just bought my civic and I just love it. I get 40 mpg with its vtec motor under the hood. It has 75000 miles on it and orig bought it to do a motor swap. But the stock motor is so great I am gonna hold off a few more weeks and enjoy the great gas mileage. As far as the inside the cup holders are the worst ever your better off using the center console and the seat. The stock seats are horrible and I added some seats front a newer RSX type S.As far as the interior other than the seats everything is nice I also replaced the dash lights with led bulbs to brighten them up a bit. Car Is fun to drive and is a great platform to build off of. With the swap it runs 13's and gets 30 mpg.Yay crvtec!

Best little car I've ever owned
By Joyce in Ohio on 03/19/05 18:23 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

My Honda has 288,000+ on the odometer and is still going strong. The steering on this car is phenomenal. I have NEVER lost control, even in snow ice, on crowded highways and ducking clueless motorists. What astounds me is that I continue to get between 40 and 45 mpg, even at 11 years later and the engine does not seem to burn oil. It has never let me down and has only failed to start when I left the headlights on. Normal maintenance for this car has been really minimal (i.e., I ignored it).

163k and still going
By YamInIA on 01/28/05 12:47 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

i bought her used w/135K on her, and even tho the body is rough, the engine is fantastic. i change the oil, and am taking her in this month for the timing belt/w.pump r&r. i doubt its ever been done, and is recc.every 70K or so. i use this car to commute avg.of 150 miles/day, and it never fails me. handles well in winter conditions due to low/wide build. i LOVE the 5spd manual trans..is so fun, and good mpg too. I love this car so much, i'm putting about $1000 into her to get her looking nice and getting the engine to 100% performance. most would say it isn't worth it, but i bet its only used 1/2 its 'life'. hoping to get 300K+ before she calls it quits.

Great Choice!
By Karl H on 11/28/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Honda keeps it simple and puts the money where it counts most. Front brake pads lasted 92k miles. Replaced a cv joint and the horn at 96k. Still on first muffler. Great repair record for a 10 year old. Rides vary smooth and handles well but is under powered. Got 54mpgs twice on long trips with a tail wind. Can't imagion selling it, plan to pass it on to my daughter in four years.

Holds A Lot
By Beverly on 03/25/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Very Efficient interior space - use it to haul almost anything. Reliable. Won't bounce off the road when a big truck goes by. Stable at 85 MPH interstate driving. Interior holds up well - looks new even in the Florida sun. Original paint holds up well. Mine is a blue-green. Wouldn't change a thing!