1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Beast car!
By rid on 03/20/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

So this was a hand-me down car from my mom that got a 09 Honda accord. Truly this car is older than me but it doesn't seem like it. The car has a sturdy build and awesome feel when driving. The interior is a clean cut design and cant get any better. I truly think its built better than my moms car and I'm only 15. My car has over 200,000 miles in it and has a new engine and has been taken care of and its better than any coupe car out there today. its even better than the top fuel efficient car out there getting a top mpg of 46!

The Seven Years Overview
By Surly Luke on 01/12/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Build quality is better than my mother's 2003 Corolla, and the only problems ive had are some leaky gaskets and the front axles. The engine is unbreakable - im sure ive overrevved it more than a few times in its 244,000 km and it still pulls as well as it ever did if not better. Only flaw right now is that it has a bit of an erratic idle, but I think its a voltage issue. I have the DX engine (i checked the numbers on the motor - it's the 102 hp variant) so it feels like a 9 sec car, and it will laughably dust V6 Camaros and mustangs.

Nice Little Car
By Rockhead on 01/10/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

This is an extremely reliable car. I bought mine new and put 268K on it before encountering the 1st major problem, transmission failure. It is a very underpowered car, gas mileage is excellent, comfort is average. Overall it is a good commuter car, or a 1st car for a teen.

Love My Honda Civic CX
By Dianer on 01/01/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I've had my honda 2 Door CX since 1994, in which I purchased brand new. Kept the oil changed, and changed the timing belt after 6 years of ownership. Great car!