1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Can't go wrong
By frankjfavela on 08/20/13 10:52 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my younger brothers 94 Honda Civic Lx after he could no longer afford it and I my 2003 Ford Expedition XLT, the MPG was killing me I was spending about $100 a week just on gas and I was only able to use it for work. The Civic was a blessing the car even though it's underpowered gets amazing MPG plus filling up with only $40 a every 1 1/2 for me makes it worth every penny, the car has cosmetic issues the paint was all burned and the paint scratched but she runs like if she was new and with 138K on her already I expect another 200K easy. I would sell my Civic for anything.

Good Car
By Jaylee on 04/14/07 11:45 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Good car, great gas mileage. Would be a great car to send your kid off to college in. Not so great for a family of 4, though!

They should build 'em all like this!
By Kate on 08/10/05 11:44 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This has been a great car for over 11 years. Car makers of the world should take lessons from Honda. I'd have kept it indefinitely except for wanting the more advanced safety features available in new cars. I held out for as long as I could!

Bought my Civic used in 1998
By Wayne Lewis on 03/28/05 13:49 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

The most annoying part of this little 4 door sedan is the automatic transmission.Though it has been trouble-free, it is underpowered from ramp speed up to highway speed. It will cruise nicely at 120 kilometres an hour just over 70 miles per hour. I bought the car used privately with 110,000 kilometres (65,000 miles). I have had few problems with it and it now has nearly 300,000 kilometres or 180,000 miles. I plan on keeping it another 2 years and with the Krown rustproofing the car has seen since it was 4 years old annually, it still looks great! The car has had an axle and upper ball joint replacement on one side front- end. The remainder has been normal maintenence!Great car!

Reliable Transport
By jalama on 09/15/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased about a year ago with 187k mi, needed new clutch and clutch master cylinder leaked. Driver's window upper forward seal has gnarled up from the sun so window is difficult to close and produces wind noise. Otherwise regular maintenance is all this car needs. It has a smooth response and predictable handling. Everything but the window nag still works. At 198k and 11yrs age I expect it to drive another 100k without major issues. Look for quiet tires when replacing them. Previous owner was original and had no problems, despite a front end crash repair, just kept up scheduled maintenance. It is not powerful, if you want a faster Civic buy the Si trim.

UNREAL
By WhatAcar on 05/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I have owned this LX sedan for 10 years now. During that time I have had the manual transmission replced (used) for about $500.00 and one fan switch and blower-$230. In ten years-those are the only repairs! This car is absolutely unbelievable & I love it-Not like I loved my German cars (really fun to drive), But because it has never let me down and drives today almost exactly the way it did the first day I purchased it. Honda makes an excellent car!

Great little car
By jeffinsac on 04/14/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Great little car. Only one problem (clutch master cylinder) in 10 years of ownership. Very reliable. I have the antilock brake option (with 4 wheel disk); and I have yet to replace the original brakes after 107K miles. Could use better front seats and a bit more power under the hood though. Great mileage although has dropped 1-3 mpg the last year.

1994 Honda Civic LX 4 Dr Sedan
By rjtoc2 on 09/20/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I put 170,000 miles on this car before I sold it. Aside from routine maintenance, I replaced the timing belt once, was on my second set of tires, and had to perform a moderate A/C repair ($500). I loved this car and was sad to part with it.

great little car!
By DENNIS J. THORNE on 07/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

my honda has had zero mechanical problems. besides replacing tires, the muffler, and the battery (just last month) this car has been a dream. living through the harsh winters of michigan (with the ever-present road salt) i expect some rust, but this car has none. this is not an exotic sports car or a luxury sedan but for a small economy car this honda can't be beat.

Troublesome and uncomfortable
By Rikk on 10/31/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Uncomfortable driver's seat. Limited seat adjustments, awful slope to the back of the seat. At 80k miles the temperature selector knob failed due to a broken linkage cable behind the dash. Expensive repair; required remove the entire dashboard. Entire air conditioner failed, resulting in $1,300 repair bill. ABS pump makes scary noises and the ABS idiot light flickers at times. yet dealer insists nothing is wrong. Brakes are inadequate, despite servicing from Honda who claimed they performed to specs. The factory stereo system is anemic. The 1.5L engine, even with manual transmission, is barely able to get out of its own way.