Used 1994 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great car as long as its a 5spd
By Joe scooter

1994 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Rip the front seats out for after markets and hotrod the engine to get better torqe and generly more fun,lower to handleing needs and beat the crap out of it on your daily commute,,love this Honda,its a shame cars arnt made like this one anymore,the 94 civic is a lego the happens to be a very relable car,,love it

best civic ever
By samehkane

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

best handling car - great performance - all thing work perfectly after all this year - best value for money - can easily beat any car in its class - very sporty

Can't go wrong
By frankjfavela

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my younger brothers 94 Honda Civic Lx after he could no longer afford it and I my 2003 Ford Expedition XLT, the MPG was killing me I was spending about $100 a week just on gas and I was only able to use it for work. The Civic was a blessing the car even though it's underpowered gets amazing MPG plus filling up with only $40 a every 1 1/2 for me makes it worth every penny, the car has cosmetic issues the paint was all burned and the paint scratched but she runs like if she was new and with 138K on her already I expect another 200K easy. I would sell my Civic for anything.

MPG, tire prices, power everything and very little maintenance.

Wish the 1.5L had more power and torque.

very reliable.
By kaytebug22

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

i bought this car used at 176,000 ish miles for $2,300 in 2005, already 11 years old. it's just had it's last run now in 2012 at 312,000 miles!! honestly i could probably get it running for $50 but its had it's time and i'm ready for something different. I have never had any major repairs done to this car. although i've always had some blower motor switch problem that i could have fixed but didn't. the blower finally quit nov 2011. if i had fixed my problem when it was small it would have been fine. i drove this car across country 900 mile journey 3 times and countless trips in range of 100 miles at a time. great long lasting car!

i love that this car was built to last! its a cute small car that people offered to buy off me many times. it was fantastic on gas. my 10 gal tank would without problems take me over 300 miles even when my tune up was long overdue.

my only negative about this car was that it was very "econo" in comfort and lacked any quality cup holder.

Love this car X2
By dakkri

1994 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I have just purchased my second VX, a 1994. My first was a 1992 and I drove it until I needed a truck and traded it in at 168,000 miles. Bought this '94 after a long search for a later year model with the 2 airbags. My '92 got a consistent 47 per gallon highway with the A/C on, 50 with A/C off. The '94's mileage is about the same. No hybrid BS, no batteries to replace. This car is a great commuter car and still fun to drive. Cheap to own, cheap to repair, cheap to insure. I wish Honda would build a new version of this no hybrid, no weird looking, 50 mpg car.

50+ mpg on highway, tracks great, solid.

Build a new version of this car that gets 50+ on the highway.