1994 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
best civic ever
By samehkane on 09/15/13 03:58 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

best handling car - great performance - all thing work perfectly after all this year - best value for money - can easily beat any car in its class - very sporty

Can't go wrong
By frankjfavela on 08/20/13 10:52 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my younger brothers 94 Honda Civic Lx after he could no longer afford it and I my 2003 Ford Expedition XLT, the MPG was killing me I was spending about $100 a week just on gas and I was only able to use it for work. The Civic was a blessing the car even though it's underpowered gets amazing MPG plus filling up with only $40 a every 1 1/2 for me makes it worth every penny, the car has cosmetic issues the paint was all burned and the paint scratched but she runs like if she was new and with 138K on her already I expect another 200K easy. I would sell my Civic for anything.

very reliable.
By kaytebug22 on 07/22/12 22:56 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

i bought this car used at 176,000 ish miles for $2,300 in 2005, already 11 years old. it's just had it's last run now in 2012 at 312,000 miles!! honestly i could probably get it running for $50 but its had it's time and i'm ready for something different. I have never had any major repairs done to this car. although i've always had some blower motor switch problem that i could have fixed but didn't. the blower finally quit nov 2011. if i had fixed my problem when it was small it would have been fine. i drove this car across country 900 mile journey 3 times and countless trips in range of 100 miles at a time. great long lasting car!

Love this car X2
By dakkri on 07/08/12 01:02 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I have just purchased my second VX, a 1994. My first was a 1992 and I drove it until I needed a truck and traded it in at 168,000 miles. Bought this '94 after a long search for a later year model with the 2 airbags. My '92 got a consistent 47 per gallon highway with the A/C on, 50 with A/C off. The '94's mileage is about the same. No hybrid BS, no batteries to replace. This car is a great commuter car and still fun to drive. Cheap to own, cheap to repair, cheap to insure. I wish Honda would build a new version of this no hybrid, no weird looking, 50 mpg car.

great budget car
By rodmanzer on 12/10/10 01:22 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

I purchased this car in 2009 with 149,900 miles. The paint was original but the clear was coming off and the color was fading. It came with all new belts,hoses,radiator, ignition wires that I can see. It is an automatic with A/C and power steering. Disappointed no anti lock brakes they were an option.It runs perfect and a year later still does, it burns the normal amount of oil all engines do no matter the miles. It is a gutless wonder, rids like crud and you have to punch it just to get going but it gets great gas mileage and is very reliable. I worked for Honda in the service department so I knew what to get as a economy car used and I like to buy American GM's they are great too.

I hate to sell it!
By Proud owner on 08/28/10 10:21 AM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my 1994 Honda Civic hatchback brand new and only use to go grocery shopping and other local driving. It has approx. 43,000 miles on it and is in great condition. I'm thinking about selling it mainly for new and improved safety features. but I hate to let it go!

Beast car!
By rid on 03/20/10 20:29 PM (PDT)

1994 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

So this was a hand-me down car from my mom that got a 09 Honda accord. Truly this car is older than me but it doesn't seem like it. The car has a sturdy build and awesome feel when driving. The interior is a clean cut design and cant get any better. I truly think its built better than my moms car and I'm only 15. My car has over 200,000 miles in it and has a new engine and has been taken care of and its better than any coupe car out there today. its even better than the top fuel efficient car out there getting a top mpg of 46!

5 yr. ownership
By Linas on 02/05/10 11:52 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car used with 128,000 miles on it. I am very satisfied with it and like the performance and handling of the car. It is a manual transmission and the shifts are smooth. I have not made any major repairs on it. I have taken 1000 mile road trips with this car. I am looking forward to buying a Civic Si soon.

Why don't they still make 'em?
By Brent on 02/26/09 08:02 AM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

Why don't they still make cars like this. I have 114k on this car and I am getting 40-42 mpg with a five speed manual trans. I drive conservatively so I get the gas mileage. I thought about buying a new civic but why??? Less mpg and a big dollar price. I hope to drive this for many years to come.

I love my car
By EHO on 01/30/09 21:38 PM (PST)

1994 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought this car new because my new wife & stepdaughter didn't fit in my CRX. From the day this car entered the garage my teenage stepdaughter coveted this car so you know it was cool looking from the word go. On the road it handles like a dream, it has reasonable go (5 sp manual), and slices up Santa Cruz's highway 17 like it's on rails (w/ 185/60014 Yokohama summer tires). It gets great gas mileage, on the highway 400+ miles from a tank happens all the time. Recently, I had a major failure, most likely a throwout bearing and the main shaft on the trans is making noise (155K). This is how much I love this car: $2100 estimate and I'm fixing it. Live on! (The Fit Sport will have to wait).