The Little Car That Could
By Joshua Brown on
1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback
I bought my Honda Civic Si in 97' for $6200. I have done some basic performance modifications on it, but little to the engine itself. I have had nearly zero problems with this car. My distributor bearing went out in 2001 (cost me approx. $220 to fix myself) and then my ignition coil failed 5/06 (cost me less than $100 to fix myself). This car still gets about 38 mpg on the highway and about 34 mpg in the city. The mpg averages 36-37 even after hitting 260,000 miles!! Yes 260,000!! This car's little sohs vtec engine is an engineering marvel. My only complaint is on the body. Nearly every fifth generation Civic (EG) has rust on the rear wheel well. This car has paid for itself 10 times over
Favorite Features
The wonderful sohc VTEC engine. This engine is peppy to this day, after 13 years of daily driving. The manual trans. is also pretty sweet, very slick, good feel. The seats are alittle stiff, but very well shaped and comfy. This car is quite fun to drive, even after 9 years of ownership.
Suggested Improvements
Take off the weather stripping around the rear wheel wells, this holds moisture and promises rust. In case you didn't catch it yet, I LOVE THIS CAR! If you want an inexpensive, reliable, cheap,easy to maintain vehicle, get a Honda Civic-you will not be sorry.