1993 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Great on gas and reliable

1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

VX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Great on gas and reliable
By honda637 on

1993 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I bought it when it had 97K miles original miles on it and at 130K miles I pulled out old weak motor and transmission aka d15z1 vtec-e out and put in a stronger sohc d16y8 and never looked back. I remember back then this car couldn't climb up a hill or beat my moms Geo Prizm, lmao! This car pays for it self within one year on gas saving powers! A die hard Honda fan! If you want a gas saver, this car is the way to go. If you want a monster horse power machine, this car is the way to go after a motor swap. What can i say this car is easy to fix/maintain and is awesome on gas. Plus mechanically, it will out last any other 1993 car, I swear! This car will probably be passed on to my kids.

Very easy to maintain and capable achieving monster hp after a b-series motor swap! Body style is untouchable, till this day no other civic can compare on body style! Sohc Vtec sounds awesome and kids are still trying to steal this car out on my drive way! Car has never died on me and it's still my daily driver!

Air vent sucks because tends to break and interior is so cheap shit falls apart after 140,000 original miles. Seats sucked so swapped them for gray leather gsr seats. Wheels sucked so upgraded them to 96 civic hx rims and gsr blades. Added a few aerodynamic parts for looks.. Added a short shifter for shorter shifts.