original owner & will pass on to my 5yo son
By dextersinister on
1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback
I just had the bushings replaced on my 93 Si hatchback last week. That, combined with the strut replacement last year, has my Civic driving like new. And it has 266k miles on it. Mileage has always been great. Only wear and tear issues over time. Clutch replaced a few years ago. Engine gaskets and hoses all replaced a couple years ago. All done by great local mechanic. Never any drive train issues. I change the oil myself every 3k miles. All the Si options still work too - moon roof, power side mirrors... I don't drive it super easy - combination of aggressive city driving and road trips. I look forward to it passing 325k and letting my son use it in 10-11 more years.
Favorite Features
Handling & performance have always been great. I love driving it on mountain roads. The Si has plenty of power for passing & maneuvering too. Gas mileage has always been great, rarely below 30mpg and over 40mpg on some highway trips. I'm 6'2" and easily fit in it. Not super comfortable on long drives though. Visibility is great (the hatchback helps)!