I miss the Civic
By big H on
1993 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan
A honda Civic will be one of the Best cars you will ever own. I bought mine in 2000 with 80,000 miles. By the time I sold it, it had 130,000. The only repairs were a hole in the exhaust and a distributor (common for this model yr.) The small engine with an automatic lacked low end torque, but by the time it it 3500 rpm it started to move nicely. No trouble to do 60+ on the hiway. The car had a very nice ride yet still cornered easily. No squeaks or rattles even after 130,000 miles and the way i drove the hell out of it. Nice room for a car in this class too. I miss the Civic. In fact, after a Jeep and a Cavalier since then, I am buying an 04 Civic
Favorite Features
-Great MPG, 35 With a mix of city/highway driving. -Does NOT DIE! The thing lasts for ever. -Solidly built. -If you're into it, huge aftermarket parts available.
Suggested Improvements
Most improvments have been since 93. Most notably, more power (102hp/98 lb/ft in 93), (115/110 in 04 LX, more on EX with VTEC). Maybe also a better auto tranny, kind of a slug on hills and hesitates to shift unless you push the pedal far. Newer models have an Electronicly Controlled.