1993 Honda Civic Consumer Review: Family Heirloom

1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Review

CX 2dr Hatchback (1.5L 4-cyl. 5-speed Manual)

Family Heirloom
By Val J. on

1993 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

This was my third of 5 Hondas and is my favorite. It outlasted my 2002 Civic. I drove it for almost 200k before buying the 2002 and handed it over to a friend who needed a loaner... for 2 years, then again for a year, then to my niece and her boyfriend for a few months, and now it is going to be my daughter's car at over 250k miles. It still gets 40mpg with mixed hwy and mountain driving, no engine issues, and two clutches. No rust, no alignment issues. It's fast, smooth, comfortable, and makes a good pickup truck. We will have it until it dies.

It's a tardis... small on the outside - huge on the inside. With all of the stuff I've carried in it, the upholstery is nearly unblemished. Oh, and of course it requires minimal maintenance.. not even on schedule!

Intermittent wipers would be nice. And, yes, the heater vents will fry your eyeballs if you aren't careful how you point them, but who cares when the defrost works so very, very well.