Excellent Transportation, DON'T RACE!!!
By FrugalCommuter on
1993 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan
I purchased this vehicle at an auction in February of 2002 for $775. The car was rammed into a curb, then left to die. I replaced the front passenger side suspension.Honda's are so easy to work on, didn't take more then a weekend to get that replaced. I have driven the car for 20,000 miles since, so far I have only replaced the axels. Handels well for the liberal suspension setup. Easily take corners at 90. Brakes have been acceptable, but not great due to the rear drum configuration. Trunk is well sized for the car. Tank is too small. Blow motor doesn't blow enough air. Car just needs about 30 more horsepower.
Favorite Features
Great visability, both front and rear. A/C works good. Excellent fit and finish. I actually made the mistake of taking it to the drag strip once. I was surprised to run a 17.4 @ 80.1 mph. Not too bad, but my car isn't stock, so its partially acceptable.
Suggested Improvements
Horsepower. Desperate need for more of it. Brakes could be improved. Blow motor needs definatley more circulation. Suspension too sofly sprung in its stock form. Car is only enjoyable if pushed and runs great above speeds of 50 mph.