1993 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews 8

1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

1993 Civic Consumer Reviews

Date Most Helpful Highest Rating Lowest Rating
A family Heirloom
By PatMcd3

1993 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

My grandmother purchased this loveable little car newin 1993. She loved it, and drove it everywhere. After her untimly passing, it was given to my father to commute to work in. I was always told this would one daybe my car, never believing ta it would survive that long. And here it is, 182,000 miles later, and its all mine!!

Favorite Features

Air condtioning!

Suggested Improvements

bit more power would be nice

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr sedan
By Brennen

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

My Honda Civic has been an excellent car. It gave me one semi-major problem. The radiator began giving me trouble at about 8 yrs of age. The car would overheat every time it was drivin, almost starting a fire a few times. This is said to be a common problem in these cars. It was not too expensive to fix, though. Other than that, just scheduled maintnence is all. I love my civic, though. It has been very reliable, and has been taken on many long road trips. This is the perfect car.

Favorite Features

Cruise Control, Power everything, Alarm, Keyless entry, 10 disc CD Changer, the sporty feel, and the Styling that stays stylish. Honda was ahead of themselves on this car's styling.

Suggested Improvements

Honda should improve, the Power of the Unpowerful 1.5 litre 102hp 4- cylinder,and the level of road noise. Other than that, it's a great car.

Great Car
By ransome22

1993 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

In 1996 I could not get this car to start after having owned it for 2 years. Turned out to be carbon build up, to which I thought the car might be over-sensitive. Other than that, it's great. -- My car has been on a ferry in the Gulf of Mexico, crossed the West Texas desert, taken me to Washington, DC, braved Manhattan's rush hour, ventured to northern Quebec in March, plowed through a snowstorm in Maine, visited the Branch Davidian compound, and provided a makeshift camper for road trips. A very solid car with few worries. However, I highly recommend some high RPM freeway driving to occasionally burn out the carbon buildup.

Favorite Features

Liberal space for a seemingly small car. Tons of hatchback room for moving furniture, etc. Very nimble, easy to control, and fun to drive as a standard 5-speed.

Suggested Improvements

More downward adjustment in seats to allow for more headroom. "Headlights on" warning. Minor: paint / black coat peels off of windshield wipers after a year of use.

Beautiful
By ASDFGH

1993 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I decided to alter the looks of my Hatch, by adding a xenon kit, clear lights and xenon bulbes all around, nitto low profile rubber on nice 16x7's, these are beautiful cars to do pretty much anything you want to, because there are so many options and they are very reliable, ive never seen one on the side of the highway.

Favorite Features

My favourite feature was that there are so many options to add or change anything due to the huge flow of after market products. A friend of mine runs a 9 sec quarter mile time

Suggested Improvements

Any of the older automatics I find to have rough gear changes. Also every older honda I have ever seen has began to rust out around the wheel wells

Just Bought a '93 Hatch Si
By Sketch

1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

I bought my civic a few months ago for 4500, and the previous owner had put a lot of money into it. intake, exhaust, springs, shift knobs, pedals, deck, etc Overall, I love my car. It has excellent gas mileage (about 280 miles to a tank). It has lots of power and the shifting is smooth. Excellent, reliable, economic car. Thumbs up!

Favorite Features

performance, handling, comfort

Suggested Improvements

Headlights on chime, sunroof opening further

sorry to see you go
By goodbye friend

1993 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

What a great car my 93 EX coupe has been. 215k hard driven miles and I trade it in tomorrow for a new Subie. Wouldn't call it maint-free, as I've replace CV's twice and brakes & muffler about every 18 mos. Sorry to see you go!

Favorite Features

Fun to drive - moonroof - manual trans

Suggested Improvements

Already taken care of since 93 - exhaust system and brakes

honda civic hatchback dx 1994
By abby

1993 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

this was the best car ever! it was great, it lasted through everything i put it through until that one fatal crash. i am so sorry... that was a great car.

Favorite Features

sound system and that it was a stick!

Suggested Improvements

absolutely nothing, only a better driver next time.

Civic's Great !
By alvermette

1993 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

9 years of dependable, economic, maintenance & worry-free fun driving.

Favorite Features

fuel economy, cargo capacity, reliability, maintenance-free

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable Headrest, Standard AM/FM/CD stereo, 1-mechanism seat flip & advance switch instead of 2.

Civic SI -Solid
By amistad

1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

My 1993 Honda Civic SI has been quite reliable, except for;an ignitior problem in Florida, Cv Boots(65000), Muffler(two)-Ohio SALT Trucks, also the distrubutor(110,000) was replaced in Florida.All in all maintenance has been infrequent. Top Speed is almost scary for a lighter car! 115+ MPH

Suggested Improvements

Arm rest

Civic just keeps on chugging!
By DallasKen

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This is a vehicle I never thought I'd enjoy driving. I gave up my commuter car a year ago, bought my wife a new car, and inherited her Civic grudgingly. However, it grew on me... it's spartanly comfortable, gets great gas mileage, drives and handles well. Although not powerful, the light weight of the car and spritely engine give it acceptable punch at expressway speeds. I compare the driving of a 1993 Civic to that of an imagined (although soon to be a reality) 1-series BMW!

Favorite Features

Precise steering, easy handling, bolstered seats, plenty of legroom and headroom compared to newer Civics (suprisingly) - I am 6'2".

Suggested Improvements

Well, this is an old car, so the "improvements" have already been done... more power would be my biggie.