1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Inherited a Civic and Love it
By Dex Diamonds on 02/03/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I have had my Civic for almost a year. My mother bought it new in 1993 and growing up with it I've learned to appreciate it. It has 87,000 miles on it and hasn't had a major problem yet. The acceleration is great for a 4 cylinder and it drives like a mini racer car. I'm 18 and for my first car only a Benz would have been better. haha

Lemon
By Lilah on 01/22/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Maybe I got the lemon of the Honda world but my Civic DX definetly has issues. In less than a year I have replaced the engine, only to find out recently that the newer engine it has now is no good either, head gasket replaced, spark plugs replaced twice, timing belts twice, radiator, CV boots, and just your basic tune ups, the car has been on one long trip (150 mi.) and the rest of the time has just been commuter. So far in less than a year I have spent close t 2500 dollars on repairs. Maybe I just got a lemon but I have not had a positive experience!!!

the civic
By linz26 on 01/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

Ive only owned my car for a little over a month but i can generally say im quite satisfied with it! Because i bought it used it only had minor things wrong with bout since they are all fixed the car runs excelent! I absolutely love this car!

Economical Fun Car
By Rear Wheel Drive on 10/12/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I bought my first new car as a Honda Civic EX Coupe in 1993. The car was a joy to own and drive. The Civic EX Coupe came with many power features, like PW,Moonroof,PS, great brakes, power mirrors, and super gas mileage. The car is a bit light weight and also becomes noisy climbing up hills and mountain roads. However, the four cylinder V-Tec engine with 125hp can handle most situations. The best feature of this car is the power moonroof, something rarely offered on cars of this class. Also you cant go wrong with Honda's reliability. Normal matienance items were all that were needed to keep it happy and going.

Best Car Ever
By Edward.J. on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with roughly 88000 miles, and now have around 115000. I paid around $4500. For a kid making 7 dollars an hour it took a lot of work before I could afford it and I'm glad to say it was worth every penny.The gas mileage is amazing doing speeds around 80-85 I still get roughly 36 mpg. For a first car, or just in the need of something realible, this is the car. The only work needed is required maintence, and one or two little things. The car has never failed me and has never left me on the side of the road. The handling is exceptionally sporty and extremly confident handling in turns.

Ole Bessie
By MTSUGirl on 09/01/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This car has been with me since I was able to drive a car (7 years). I have never had to have this car repaired for anything other than wear & tear, or for damaged I have caused myself. The gas mileage is awesome!! The car is almost 10 years old now, and although the air conditioning went out, it still runs perfectly. This car is so reliable...I would recommend a Civic to anyone!!

Best Yet
By CivicRacer on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

This car is both an amazing everyday driving car for the working person with great gas mileage or if you want to hook it up. It's Japanese snap on models at their best. They are very easy to work on yourself because every piecce on the car just snaps off. They are very fast stock and easy to modify. A fun car to drive and just the name Honda tells you that it will run forever. I bought this car and i found that it had absolutly no oil in the engine what soever. Most any other car would have seized by then but Honda engines just keep rolling. There's just no better

Last Forever
By AandFchica410 on 07/31/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I have had my car for almost two years now and it is a 1993 Honda Civic LX. I love the car, it runs great and gets great gas mileage. I would be careful with the a/c system because mine blew out around 100,000 miles.

4dr DX - will get you to 200K miles
By Dave S. - Durham, NC on 07/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I am about to trade in my '93 4-dr DX, and it is sad that I am only going to get around $1000, due to 174K miles and a bunch of cosmetic blemishes that I've never bothered to fix. It's said because the car is still driving quite well after all of these years, and I think it's worth a bit more (I'm not going to bother to try to get more however). Ride is still smooth between 70 and 80 MPH, handles well in all weather despite puny 13" wheels. Fuel economy still excellent (30 city/40 hwy).

Driven further than the moon!
By brdesert on 07/16/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I have owned this 1993 VX since 1997 and have put 305,000 miles on this incredible vehicle. I still have the ORIGINAL STARTER, CLUTCH, ENGINE, PISTONS AND RINGS. Constant oil changes and timing belt maintenance is the key.