1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
great gas milage good reliable comuter
By bigjon on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I just reacently purchsased the car with 162000 mi. It runs perfectly and so far I am geting almost 41 MPG power and performance is good for a compact car, ride is solid and comfortable it dose have some road noise at freeway speed but it is a small econamy car what do you expect.

Excellent Transportation, DON'T RACE!!!
By FrugalCommuter on 09/15/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle at an auction in February of 2002 for $775. The car was rammed into a curb, then left to die. I replaced the front passenger side suspension.Honda's are so easy to work on, didn't take more then a weekend to get that replaced. I have driven the car for 20,000 miles since, so far I have only replaced the axels. Handels well for the liberal suspension setup. Easily take corners at 90. Brakes have been acceptable, but not great due to the rear drum configuration. Trunk is well sized for the car. Tank is too small. Blow motor doesn't blow enough air. Car just needs about 30 more horsepower.

Poor gas miliage
By cecep on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my civic w/ 97000 miles on it and i had it for 2 months so far but what i noticed is NO POWER and in mine it has poor gas miliage about 20 miles in mixed driving and it has a small tank so i have to fill it up ever week!

The first car I've ever loved!
By anotherone on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic DX 2dr Coupe

At 145,000, it's time to trade it in, but I'm going to miss this sweet little car! It's probably got another 20-30K left in it with a little TLC!

The Energizer Bunny
By rolande23 on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Bought at 122,000 miles now at 174,000 miles! With regualar care this car will last forever. The only indication of age are blemishes on the body. The handling is great, I've dug into corners and beaten-up the shocks on dirt roads and it feels remarkable strong and resiliant. The 5spd transmission makes up for the 102hp engine. The interior is comfortable but dated with it's slider controls all of which still work beautifully. With the exception of the chrome detailing on the exterior the body is subtle attractive yet . This car definitely grows on you.

The Best Car Ever Owned
By PleasedHondaDriver on 05/28/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This is the most reliable car that I have ever owned. I would never buy anything else but a Honda from now on. The first 100,000 miles only needed routine oil changes. You absolutely could not beat it! If you want quality for your money, you want a Honda

My 4th Honda, not my last!!!! =O)
By CivicboyOKC on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

My 93 civic sedan is my fourth honda and i love it! My last one i put 238K miles on it, this one has 163K and still runs great! Unlike ANY DOMESTIC vehicle, this car still has no squeeks, rattles or odd end broken stuff. My mom and 2 sisters have hondas now due to how well mine have lasted. Honda is ALL i will EVER drive!

1993 Honda Civic Si
By HansC on 03/04/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

Hi, This is a great car. If in good condition it would be a great bet as a used car. I did have a problem with the distributor bearing. The car needed a new distributor . Other than that it has been a classic Civic with all the reliability.

I'll buy another Civic!!
By LisaH on 02/16/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car since day one and have loved every mile. I have almost 200,000 miles on it. It is a little cramped fitting more than just me and my dog in, but all in all it has paid me back for every penny I put into buying and even refinancing it. Took it on a x-country trip and put 10,000 miles on it in a little over a month and it was the most comfortable drive I could have asked for for under $10,000. GREAT first car. I am hoping to replace it with a 4-door Civic this spring.

1993 Honda Civic VX (Hatch)
By dvp560d on 02/06/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

No dragstrip performance, but what can be expected at a fantastic 50 mpg? Never any problems with anything; only requires normal maitenance. Best car I've ever owned.