Used 1993 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

bullet proof
By dave jones

1993 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I just sold my 93 ex with 282,000 on it. Never touched the engine and I drove the heck out of it, spent about 3,000g over 175,000. Have an accord now, would recommend an accord over a civic, much nicer ride/ comfort for very little penalty in gas consumption.

5 sp

Ride height, guts on hill

The Little Car That Could
By Joshua Brown

1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

I bought my Honda Civic Si in 97' for $6200. I have done some basic performance modifications on it, but little to the engine itself. I have had nearly zero problems with this car. My distributor bearing went out in 2001 (cost me approx. $220 to fix myself) and then my ignition coil failed 5/06 (cost me less than $100 to fix myself). This car still gets about 38 mpg on the highway and about 34 mpg in the city. The mpg averages 36-37 even after hitting 260,000 miles!! Yes 260,000!! This car's little sohs vtec engine is an engineering marvel. My only complaint is on the body. Nearly every fifth generation Civic (EG) has rust on the rear wheel well. This car has paid for itself 10 times over

The wonderful sohc VTEC engine. This engine is peppy to this day, after 13 years of daily driving. The manual trans. is also pretty sweet, very slick, good feel. The seats are alittle stiff, but very well shaped and comfy. This car is quite fun to drive, even after 9 years of ownership.

Take off the weather stripping around the rear wheel wells, this holds moisture and promises rust. In case you didn't catch it yet, I LOVE THIS CAR! If you want an inexpensive, reliable, cheap,easy to maintain vehicle, get a Honda Civic-you will not be sorry.

A great first car
By First Car 93

1993 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This car was a great first car for me. It had great styling, gas mileage, and was extremely reliable. I bought it with 205k and it went to 222,000 miles without any issues! I went to take it in to have them evaluate some noise it was making and it would have cost more to fix it then to just trade it in. So I opted to purchase a new civic from the dealer. Besides that, I never had any issues whatsoever which surprised me with the high mileage it had.

Styling, acceleration, gas mileage, reliability, trade in value

Nothing, it was a great first car to have. Cheap to maintain and very low gas mileage (35mpg).

great little
By jw

1993 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

i bought this car in 2002 used with 87,000 miles on it. it now has 126,000. very few repairs. it is very reliable and well built. hondas are unbeatable on their ability to build practical, long term vehicles. love this car!

dependability.

air vents are too high - they shoot in the face.

1993 Honda Civic LX
By DMF

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

My 93 Civic LX has >130K miles, and STILL gets >30 MPG! DOHC engine still very quick and reliable -- cruise very comfortably at fast speeds (would NEVER do with other older-mileage vehicles). Mechanically excellent, but some of the interior components starting to deteriorate after 13 years (LED on stereo, speakers, plastic door handle snapped, spring clip for wipers). Recently test-drove 2003 Civic EX -- difference in performance between 2 was negligible -- I was quite surprised! (Or maybe I couldn't really "test" it because salesperson was sitting next to me). Best car I've owned yet!

Tight handling, fast acceleration in low gears, easy-to-shift gearbox, comfortable ride for the size.

Seemed to chew up CV joints -- had to replace them twice; had some roll on cornering; road noise at higher speeds.