Used 1993 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

BEST CAR EVER
By groll

1993 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

i love it i love it i love it i love it

i love it

great gas milage good reliable comuter
By bigjon

1993 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I just reacently purchsased the car with 162000 mi. It runs perfectly and so far I am geting almost 41 MPG power and performance is good for a compact car, ride is solid and comfortable it dose have some road noise at freeway speed but it is a small econamy car what do you expect.

I like that it has all the power options and air cond. and the 5 spd gets 40+ MPG

more sound dampening

Excellent Transportation, DON'T RACE!!!
By FrugalCommuter

1993 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this vehicle at an auction in February of 2002 for $775. The car was rammed into a curb, then left to die. I replaced the front passenger side suspension.Honda's are so easy to work on, didn't take more then a weekend to get that replaced. I have driven the car for 20,000 miles since, so far I have only replaced the axels. Handels well for the liberal suspension setup. Easily take corners at 90. Brakes have been acceptable, but not great due to the rear drum configuration. Trunk is well sized for the car. Tank is too small. Blow motor doesn't blow enough air. Car just needs about 30 more horsepower.

Great visability, both front and rear. A/C works good. Excellent fit and finish. I actually made the mistake of taking it to the drag strip once. I was surprised to run a 17.4 @ 80.1 mph. Not too bad, but my car isn't stock, so its partially acceptable.

Horsepower. Desperate need for more of it. Brakes could be improved. Blow motor needs definatley more circulation. Suspension too sofly sprung in its stock form. Car is only enjoyable if pushed and runs great above speeds of 50 mph.

Poor gas miliage
By cecep

1993 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my civic w/ 97000 miles on it and i had it for 2 months so far but what i noticed is NO POWER and in mine it has poor gas miliage about 20 miles in mixed driving and it has a small tank so i have to fill it up ever week!

reliable, cheap, good first car

better accelaration, better gas milage, bigger fuel tank

The Energizer Bunny
By rolande23

1993 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Bought at 122,000 miles now at 174,000 miles! With regualar care this car will last forever. The only indication of age are blemishes on the body. The handling is great, I've dug into corners and beaten-up the shocks on dirt roads and it feels remarkable strong and resiliant. The 5spd transmission makes up for the 102hp engine. The interior is comfortable but dated with it's slider controls all of which still work beautifully. With the exception of the chrome detailing on the exterior the body is subtle attractive yet . This car definitely grows on you.

Reliability, gas milage, handling, style, amenities

Power, exterior detailing, noise level.