1993 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
I loved it
By VMMSON on 12/13/04 01:43 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

We had a beautiful little red Civic EX Coupe. Added a Honda spoiler & alloy wheels but other than that it was all stock. Great car for 11-1/2 years for my wife and a year or two for my long commute/ high gas prices. Only needed to replace oil and fill with gas. The services were minimal cost. The first $$$ fix was about three years ago when one CV boot went. This past summer the ignitor went out in the distributor and she got the 100,000 mi timing belt and pump. My son loved it. It was running great until he dodged a deer running out in front of him at 9pm this past fall. Hit a ditch & rolled 2-1/2 times. He turned off the engine opened the door & got out. She protected him well!

A car built for $2.00/gallon gas!
By moboland on 11/16/04 20:51 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

I have documented with my last 2 fill- ups average mpg of 40 miles per gallon. Awesome. She ain't that pretty but she is fuel efficient. And peppy with a 5-speed manual transmission.

Loving My First Honda!!
By GravisMors on 08/05/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

When i first bought this car it had 120k on it. and in the 2 years ive been driving it the car still runs great. i swapped in an acura GS-R motor at 140k. If you thought the car was fun to drive before. It is simply amazing now. The power is amazing, and going up to the 8k rev limiter will def. surprise a few people. the car has had no major problems since i swapped the motor and im now at 156k on the chasis. This car is a definately fun car and not only is it now fast but it handles just as well.

93 Civic Coupe
By RedHondaCivic on 07/29/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I love this car. I have had 7 cars since my 16th birthday in march of 2003. But this one is by far my favorite. The only thing that I dont like about the car is the interior, mainly the placement of the vents. With the vents on, you cannot point the middle ones near your chest. They blow right in your face. It's easy to fix though, just don't use them. :)

Excellent car from original owner
By EPureza on 07/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

Honda did an exceptional job building this car. Definitely worth every penny! Performance, mechanics, handling, style is great. All you have to do is follow the maintenance schedule. Can't say enough good things about this car, It has 135K+ miles on it and with proper care probably will run for another 135K no problem.

Best car ever!
By Hondabeliever on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I love this car, which is why I have had it for so long - 11 years now! Honda quality, reliability, and reputation are second to none. It is quick, great-looking, has lots of room, rides nice, handles great, and gas mileage is awesome. What's not to like? I highly recommend this car and any Honda in general.

My beloved Honda
By Mario94 on 01/10/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

Great vehicle. Serves duty as a commuter and a autocross and road race car (not to be confused with motocross or street racing, respectively!). Spot on reliable.

3rd owner
By josef on 10/01/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

i bought my car last year ,i like this car very much.travelled to many cities in the midwest during winter time,when i bought it was108k,and i changed the front brakes and silenser,

Great car
By Nick93ex on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I bought the car with 149,000 miles on it. I was a little worried that it wouldn't run that good with so many miles, since I had never had a Honda before. It ran great, no problems. I owned the car for about 10months before it was stolen (only downside to hondas) and never had to do anything to it. Of course I did do a few things, like cold air intake, springs, rims etc, but nothing needed to be done. Unlike my old buick which had 120,000 miles on it, and needed to have two valves in the engine replaced and a new transmission put on it, in the 1 year I owned it. Hondas are great cars, period.

The first car I've ever loved!
By anotherone on 07/24/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

At 145,000, it's time to trade it in, but I'm going to miss this sweet little car! It's probably got another 20-30K left in it with a little TLC!