Used 1993 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

My baby the Ex-C
By Mimi

1993 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

This was my first car and I live in an urban area with lots of stop and go traffic. I only drive the Honda about 4 times/week. But this car stands the test of time. Anyone can fix it and it rarely breaks down. I feel safe and secure and I have saved thousands by keeping. I am tempted to buy a VW but my Honda Civic is a hard relationship to end.

Favorite Features

smoothness of ride, brakes, moon roof, compact, wide

Suggested Improvements

better sound system,

Family Heirloom
By Val J.

1993 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

This was my third of 5 Hondas and is my favorite. It outlasted my 2002 Civic. I drove it for almost 200k before buying the 2002 and handed it over to a friend who needed a loaner... for 2 years, then again for a year, then to my niece and her boyfriend for a few months, and now it is going to be my daughter's car at over 250k miles. It still gets 40mpg with mixed hwy and mountain driving, no engine issues, and two clutches. No rust, no alignment issues. It's fast, smooth, comfortable, and makes a good pickup truck. We will have it until it dies.

Favorite Features

It's a tardis... small on the outside - huge on the inside. With all of the stuff I've carried in it, the upholstery is nearly unblemished. Oh, and of course it requires minimal maintenance.. not even on schedule!

Suggested Improvements

Intermittent wipers would be nice. And, yes, the heater vents will fry your eyeballs if you aren't careful how you point them, but who cares when the defrost works so very, very well.

1993 White 2 Door EX - Mint Condition!
By Civic Love

1993 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

In Jan 2008 I read a news article indicating gas prices would increase to $4.00 in the summer. My wife and I (empty nesters) already had 2 vehicles. Her Mercedes s500 (expensive maintenance) but it saved my marriage:) and my GMC full size Pick Up. We used the GMC to commute downtown to work (we car pool thank goodness). We're not short on cash but I refused to continue to spend $80 to 90$ a week for fuel. I did the math and found that a $3500 dollar car would pay for itself in a couple of years. Wow! I found my baby for $3200.00. 22,000 miles later I sometimes don't drive the truck for weeks. This was my first Honda. I will put the 1993 EX up against any other 4 cylinder. New or old.

Favorite Features

Fuel efficiency and quite ride.

Suggested Improvements

None.

Old Reliable
By Sarah G.

1993 Honda Civic EX 2dr Coupe

I'm about to sell this old girl, and I really regret doing it, but it's time for an upgrade. This car, although sixteen years old, has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. It was a breath of fresh air after the AWFUL Jeep Grand Cherokee I owned for only six months, due to shoddy reliability. The only thing I've only ever really done to this vehicle, is regular oil changes and had the brakes looked at, other than that, I haven't spent a cent on it. She isn't pretty; fading paint, dents, holes on rear wheel wells, but she gets the job done.

Favorite Features

RELIABILITY, RELIABILITY, RELIABILITY, style, pretty much everything.

Suggested Improvements

Brakes are a little iffy, I don't know if this is the way Civics are or what.

Great Car
By Vtechalltheway

1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car for 2500 with 108000 miles, it's at 188000 and it's still going hard. This is a great car for anybody that likes hatches.

Favorite Features

The way that the interior is designed, great fold down seats, very comfortable.

Suggested Improvements

The road noise is a little loud.