1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Most perfect small car
By Geoff on 03/23/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This car was always there for me. It pulled through snow when pickups foundered. It averaged 38-41 mpg, and I had the original clutch for 180K miles. It now has 253K miles and only died on me once when the water pump seized. 16 wonderful years, but now with a family of 4, we are going to buy midsize. It is a classic. I wish I could keep it for Sunday drives the next 30 years.

Amazing vehicle
By gabe on 03/10/09 21:09 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

Got car with 150K and unknown maintenance record. Used for commute and some long road trips (1,000+ miles) without any problem. Very frugal on fuel and maintenance, good brakes, decent takeoff, good steering and handling, seats 4 w/comfort, heating/cooling OK, good trunk space. The bad: Engine started burning oil at 175K miles. I like mechanics so I did a partial rebuilt (piston rings were worn) and took care of things that mechanics could not (e.g. oil leaks). Cost: about $400 (parts+tools) Car has run great ever since; now at 205K miles gets 25-29mpg in only-city driving and 35-40mpg hwy. We got stranded only once when ignition coil died at 197k miles. Overall, I love the car!

The World's Best Hatchback
By Tom on 01/07/09 14:25 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I received this car from my father after another driver took an early left at an intersection and totaled my 1999 Honda Civic coupe. Needless to say, I adore this car. The interior is minimalistic and easy to use right away. The exterior is genius and I love the shape and design. With this car stock, I can rev this car as much as I want and it eats it up. The transmission is still sound after all these years and shifting is always smooth. It's the perfect size car, and I will always love this car very much. I intend to keep this car for a very long time, which even after 16 years on the road seems like no problem (no mechanical problems ever!). This is one of the best cars you could own!

Great Car - Hatchback bring them back
By 1993 Si HB on 12/24/08 06:35 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

I have 1993 Civic Si with 246,000 miles and plan adding another 50,000. Love the hatchback, Honda need to bring it back. Getting 31-34 mpg in winter, 28-31 in summer with AC. Replaced the clutch 205,000 and manual transmission 210,000. Lost the starter coil 215,000. Paint is starting to go and the Honda’s typical wheel well rust starting to show and get bad. Sunroof stopped working 190,000ish. Thought I'd let it go and replace the car, but the dang car just keeps going, can't justify replacing it yet. Gas tank is on the smallish side. My major complaint is the missing lights on chime, this has caused me no end of heart burn.

awesome
By marcbobson on 09/21/08 01:59 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

this car is amazing. i bought it with about 100K miles on it, and have put 60K miles in just 2 years or so. The MPG is insane; even though its rated at 39 MPG, i routinely obtain 42-45 MPG. The car is so reliable its amazing. I put 80 mi per day on it, and it hasn't broken down once. Just basic repairs like brakes. I would recommend this car to anyone. Only downside is it doesn't have a lot of pep/pick-up, especially on hills--but hey if you want 45 MPG from a car built 15 years ago, you have to accept the downside.

Long lasting
By MG on 07/24/08 17:09 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

My civic was bought it Texas.The original owner took it to Toronto, then moved to Montreal, I bought it in 2005 for $2200 I drove from Montreal to Banff with a cost of $310 in gas, ACROSS THE COUNTRY. Since I've had it I put about $1100in repairs and maintenance, brake cylinder, radiator, thermo, bushings. Nothing major.

Just four repairs in 15 years.
By Dekkie on 05/28/08 15:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased my Civic LX new in March of 1993. Almost 170k miles later still drives fine. Even with the automatic I get about 38 mpg on the freeway. Collision damage aside, the only repairs were to replace the rear main seal, distributor rotor, muffler (rust) and igniter. I didn't expect this car to last more than a decade but then again I've never owned a car made in Japan before.

"awesome SI"
By POK on 05/01/08 11:57 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car 12/92 and I'm still driving it today. Still getting 34 miles to a gallon of gas. It's hard to let go --- got an offer 4 yrs ago for $10G and a yr ago for $8G --- still have it. She's worth every ride and $.

Great first car!
By Jessie on 01/16/08 16:02 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I bought my Civic in 2001 with 97,000 miles on it. Since then, I've put 90,000 more miles on it in 7 years of driving. The Civic has been a very reliable car (only issue with it was the cooling system), as well as an extremely economical vehicle. It's lasted me through high school and college, and I'm sad to see it go. I would recommend this car to anyone on a budget for a cheap reliable vehicle. It was a great car!

3 Civic Owner
By Maine Compact on 12/31/07 07:01 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

This has been a fantastic car. I brag about the fuel economy, reliability, and low maintenance cost to anyone who will listen. It's now sixteen years old, still looks and runs great, and I can't bear to sell it even though we now have two newer Civics!