Used 1993 Honda Civic LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Most perfect small car
By Geoff

1993 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

This car was always there for me. It pulled through snow when pickups foundered. It averaged 38-41 mpg, and I had the original clutch for 180K miles. It now has 253K miles and only died on me once when the water pump seized. 16 wonderful years, but now with a family of 4, we are going to buy midsize. It is a classic. I wish I could keep it for Sunday drives the next 30 years.

Arm rest storage, reliable dash controls, great handling, much better than the late 90 Civics. Fabric held up very well, no tears, very little wear. Interior is still welcoming and fresh, not trashed. Exterior paint is scratched, but just started to rust at wheel wells, a little on hood crease.

Warning light/buzzer for headlights. I kill the battery about 4 times a year leaving home in the dark and arriving at work in bright sunshine, accidentally leaving the headlights on.

Just four repairs in 15 years.
By Dekkie

1993 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased my Civic LX new in March of 1993. Almost 170k miles later still drives fine. Even with the automatic I get about 38 mpg on the freeway. Collision damage aside, the only repairs were to replace the rear main seal, distributor rotor, muffler (rust) and igniter. I didn't expect this car to last more than a decade but then again I've never owned a car made in Japan before.

Economical to own/run, reliable powertrain, comfortable interior.

Glad they moved away from the under hood air intake too many rocks chip away the front of the hood. Have had moisture leak in the trunk for almost 12 years, still can't figure out where it comes from.

1993 Honda Civic LX
By DMF

1993 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

My 93 Civic LX has >130K miles, and STILL gets >30 MPG! DOHC engine still very quick and reliable -- cruise very comfortably at fast speeds (would NEVER do with other older-mileage vehicles). Mechanically excellent, but some of the interior components starting to deteriorate after 13 years (LED on stereo, speakers, plastic door handle snapped, spring clip for wipers). Recently test-drove 2003 Civic EX -- difference in performance between 2 was negligible -- I was quite surprised! (Or maybe I couldn't really "test" it because salesperson was sitting next to me). Best car I've owned yet!

Tight handling, fast acceleration in low gears, easy-to-shift gearbox, comfortable ride for the size.

Seemed to chew up CV joints -- had to replace them twice; had some roll on cornering; road noise at higher speeds.

THE BEST CAR EVER!!
By george p.

1993 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've had a Honda Civic 93 LX Sedan for almost 11 years now, and I have to say that this is the best economy car I've ever driven. It's reliable, fun to drive, has a big interior and low-cost.

Speed, engine power.

None.

GReat RiDe
By Ludeboy75

1993 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I Bought this car in 2/01 with 110K Miles on the clock. It now has 138k and is still going strong. Very easy to do maintain and repair as long as you're a little mechanically inclined. Responds well to modifications. It rides even better with 16" rims/low profile tires. The D15B7 plant needs at least another 20 HP and it would be perfect.

Power sterring, Locks, windows, cruise control.

More HP!! AT least 20 HP more.