1993 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
bullet proof
By dave jones on 07/16/06 12:35 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I just sold my 93 ex with 282,000 on it. Never touched the engine and I drove the heck out of it, spent about 3,000g over 175,000. Have an accord now, would recommend an accord over a civic, much nicer ride/ comfort for very little penalty in gas consumption.

260k miles and going strong
By mike c on 03/23/05 01:23 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I am a Honda person for life now!! 260,000 hard miles, uses no oil and not a single major repair. Over 40mpg highway and 35mpg city. I suggest sending the fuel injectors in for off car cleaning every 100k miles (NONE of the bottle stuff works, I tried it all) and do yourself a favor and install a high flow airfilter and muffler. It does NOT have to be a loud "coffee can" to improve performance AND mileage. My exhaust manifold developed a crack around 200k and I replaced it with a header because of lower cost. I would never go back. There was no downside and my engine was more responsive at all rpm's. I use a 50% mix of synthetic and regular oil this made a noticeable improvement in hp & mpg.

I miss the Civic
By big H on 06/18/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

A honda Civic will be one of the Best cars you will ever own. I bought mine in 2000 with 80,000 miles. By the time I sold it, it had 130,000. The only repairs were a hole in the exhaust and a distributor (common for this model yr.) The small engine with an automatic lacked low end torque, but by the time it it 3500 rpm it started to move nicely. No trouble to do 60+ on the hiway. The car had a very nice ride yet still cornered easily. No squeaks or rattles even after 130,000 miles and the way i drove the hell out of it. Nice room for a car in this class too. I miss the Civic. In fact, after a Jeep and a Cavalier since then, I am buying an 04 Civic

Great, reliable car
By CPHV on 06/08/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Why can't GM make a reliable, high- mileage car like the Civic In 11 years and 82,000 miles, we've had to replace the brakes, alternator, battery and clutch to the tune of maybe $2000. It still gets 30 miles to the gallon in the city.

My 4th Honda, not my last!!!! =O)
By CivicboyOKC on 04/10/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

My 93 civic sedan is my fourth honda and i love it! My last one i put 238K miles on it, this one has 163K and still runs great! Unlike ANY DOMESTIC vehicle, this car still has no squeeks, rattles or odd end broken stuff. My mom and 2 sisters have hondas now due to how well mine have lasted. Honda is ALL i will EVER drive!

Best Yet
By CivicRacer on 08/30/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

This car is both an amazing everyday driving car for the working person with great gas mileage or if you want to hook it up. It's Japanese snap on models at their best. They are very easy to work on yourself because every piecce on the car just snaps off. They are very fast stock and easy to modify. A fun car to drive and just the name Honda tells you that it will run forever. I bought this car and i found that it had absolutly no oil in the engine what soever. Most any other car would have seized by then but Honda engines just keep rolling. There's just no better

great car!
By rosie on 03/02/02 13:02 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

The car has been great. It is very reliable and I have never had a major problem with it. It runs well for a 10 year old car and still looks great - no rust. People don't believe me when I tell them it's a '93. I would reccommend a Honda to anyone looking for a reliable used car. Hondas will be at the top of my list when I purchase my next car.