1993 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Family Heirloom
By Val J. on 10/17/09 20:30 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

This was my third of 5 Hondas and is my favorite. It outlasted my 2002 Civic. I drove it for almost 200k before buying the 2002 and handed it over to a friend who needed a loaner... for 2 years, then again for a year, then to my niece and her boyfriend for a few months, and now it is going to be my daughter's car at over 250k miles. It still gets 40mpg with mixed hwy and mountain driving, no engine issues, and two clutches. No rust, no alignment issues. It's fast, smooth, comfortable, and makes a good pickup truck. We will have it until it dies.

The World's Best Hatchback
By Tom on 01/07/09 14:25 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

I received this car from my father after another driver took an early left at an intersection and totaled my 1999 Honda Civic coupe. Needless to say, I adore this car. The interior is minimalistic and easy to use right away. The exterior is genius and I love the shape and design. With this car stock, I can rev this car as much as I want and it eats it up. The transmission is still sound after all these years and shifting is always smooth. It's the perfect size car, and I will always love this car very much. I intend to keep this car for a very long time, which even after 16 years on the road seems like no problem (no mechanical problems ever!). This is one of the best cars you could own!

great little car
By barry on 03/20/07 08:13 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

this car is so good on gas, i average 6.5 litres per 100 km, mix of city highway. the interior is very roomy, good head room for 6'2" driver. More rear seat room than most big cars. I put a trailer hitch on it; pulls a single seadoo no problem. little 1.5 liter engine is nice and quiet. The car is quick, goes over 180 km/h. manual tranny is nice, precise shifting, if your not after status, this can't be beat.

Bulletproof
By MisterC on 10/07/05 20:08 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

Car keeps going and going. Fuel economy is not as good over the years but can has never let me down in 7 years. Body can't keep up with engine, will begin to rust especially behing the rear wheels (defect on many Honda models)

Great car
By mikenyc on 05/17/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

After owning a 8 cyclinder 2000 grand cherokee in nyc and the gas price are 2.20 a galon. 60 dollars a week in fuel. i had a buy a cheap car that was good on gas. i checked out the web site and read about the civic hatch and heard great things about the car. i had to buy one. i bought a 93 hatch with 118k on it. I must say its a great lil car. i had to install a stero system soon as i got it. so far it runs great and its realible. i love honda.

1993 Honda civic cx
By shootset on 03/04/02 11:25 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

We really liked this car. You wouldn't believe what we hauled in the back. Bricks, lumber, kitchen table and oh yah a little over a half a ton of flagtone. It was our truck! This car has been very reliable and has exceptional gas milage.