Used 1993 Honda Civic EX Coupe Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

its slow but it gets you there
By porksoda1

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I traded a beat down 97 blazer for my 93 civic coupe. The car has 230,000 miles and still runs strong. It has the 1.6 vtec and a 5 speed manual. It's slow and it's ugly but it gets 35 mpg. The handling is amazing though. My civic is lowered a couple inches and has a little negative camber and you can throw it into some corners at fairly high speeds. It's no hot rod but it gets me where i need to go.

My favorite feature is the handling... it's great. The car also has enough room for my 4 year old to sit comfortably in the back.

It could stand to be faster. I may just be corrupted by the numerous camaros and firebirds I've owned though.

Great Car
By Daniel

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I've really enjoyed this car. It is very reliable. At first, I probably didn't take the best care of it, but it really hasn't given me a lot of problems. Other than routine maintenance and accidents, I can only think of a couple minor things that have broken. It really is worth paying a little more for a Honda because you'll have to pay so little on maintenance.

It's very easy to work on if you need to do some maintenance yourself.

The pedal switches were poorly designed.

My baby the Ex-C
By Mimi

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This was my first car and I live in an urban area with lots of stop and go traffic. I only drive the Honda about 4 times/week. But this car stands the test of time. Anyone can fix it and it rarely breaks down. I feel safe and secure and I have saved thousands by keeping. I am tempted to buy a VW but my Honda Civic is a hard relationship to end.

smoothness of ride, brakes, moon roof, compact, wide

better sound system,

1993 White 2 Door EX - Mint Condition!
By Civic Love

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

In Jan 2008 I read a news article indicating gas prices would increase to $4.00 in the summer. My wife and I (empty nesters) already had 2 vehicles. Her Mercedes s500 (expensive maintenance) but it saved my marriage:) and my GMC full size Pick Up. We used the GMC to commute downtown to work (we car pool thank goodness). We're not short on cash but I refused to continue to spend $80 to 90$ a week for fuel. I did the math and found that a $3500 dollar car would pay for itself in a couple of years. Wow! I found my baby for $3200.00. 22,000 miles later I sometimes don't drive the truck for weeks. This was my first Honda. I will put the 1993 EX up against any other 4 cylinder. New or old.

Fuel efficiency and quite ride.

None.

Old Reliable
By Sarah G.

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I'm about to sell this old girl, and I really regret doing it, but it's time for an upgrade. This car, although sixteen years old, has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. It was a breath of fresh air after the AWFUL Jeep Grand Cherokee I owned for only six months, due to shoddy reliability. The only thing I've only ever really done to this vehicle, is regular oil changes and had the brakes looked at, other than that, I haven't spent a cent on it. She isn't pretty; fading paint, dents, holes on rear wheel wells, but she gets the job done.

RELIABILITY, RELIABILITY, RELIABILITY, style, pretty much everything.

Brakes are a little iffy, I don't know if this is the way Civics are or what.