1993 Honda Civic Coupe - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
its slow but it gets you there
By porksoda1 on 01/06/13 20:14 PM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I traded a beat down 97 blazer for my 93 civic coupe. The car has 230,000 miles and still runs strong. It has the 1.6 vtec and a 5 speed manual. It's slow and it's ugly but it gets 35 mpg. The handling is amazing though. My civic is lowered a couple inches and has a little negative camber and you can throw it into some corners at fairly high speeds. It's no hot rod but it gets me where i need to go.

Great Car
By Daniel on 06/27/10 13:36 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I've really enjoyed this car. It is very reliable. At first, I probably didn't take the best care of it, but it really hasn't given me a lot of problems. Other than routine maintenance and accidents, I can only think of a couple minor things that have broken. It really is worth paying a little more for a Honda because you'll have to pay so little on maintenance.

My baby the Ex-C
By Mimi on 03/18/10 13:34 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This was my first car and I live in an urban area with lots of stop and go traffic. I only drive the Honda about 4 times/week. But this car stands the test of time. Anyone can fix it and it rarely breaks down. I feel safe and secure and I have saved thousands by keeping. I am tempted to buy a VW but my Honda Civic is a hard relationship to end.

1993 White 2 Door EX - Mint Condition!
By Civic Love on 08/08/09 11:29 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

In Jan 2008 I read a news article indicating gas prices would increase to $4.00 in the summer. My wife and I (empty nesters) already had 2 vehicles. Her Mercedes s500 (expensive maintenance) but it saved my marriage:) and my GMC full size Pick Up. We used the GMC to commute downtown to work (we car pool thank goodness). We're not short on cash but I refused to continue to spend $80 to 90$ a week for fuel. I did the math and found that a $3500 dollar car would pay for itself in a couple of years. Wow! I found my baby for $3200.00. 22,000 miles later I sometimes don't drive the truck for weeks. This was my first Honda. I will put the 1993 EX up against any other 4 cylinder. New or old.

Old Reliable
By Sarah G. on 07/23/09 09:02 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

I'm about to sell this old girl, and I really regret doing it, but it's time for an upgrade. This car, although sixteen years old, has been the most reliable vehicle I've ever owned. It was a breath of fresh air after the AWFUL Jeep Grand Cherokee I owned for only six months, due to shoddy reliability. The only thing I've only ever really done to this vehicle, is regular oil changes and had the brakes looked at, other than that, I haven't spent a cent on it. She isn't pretty; fading paint, dents, holes on rear wheel wells, but she gets the job done.

A Tribute and a Sad Goodbye
By Emmanuel Pureza on 11/04/07 08:41 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

14 years flew by so fast. I clearly remember the day I purchased this car. A day after my 22nd birthday. Just a few weeks ago I was talking about how I want to keep this car forever but on Oct 26, 2007 with over 182000 miles on it, a deer abruptly ended it. The 30+ miles to a gallon with an average maintenance cost of less than $600 per year will definitely be felt and missed. If there is a Hall of Fame for cars this one no doubt will be inducted. I am not saying this car is perfect, just like any mechanical device it had its malfunctions but none of them major. It stranded me once due to a blown computer chip but overall it met my expectations of reliability, build, and economy.

Excellent little coupe
By Mike on 04/25/07 15:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe DX 2dr Coupe

This is my first car, as an early driver I have little experience at the wheel, however have driven many different cars, from different manufacturers. And I can say with utmost confidence that this is by far the best econo car you could buy at the time of manufacture. It outperforms, neons, cavaliers, sunfires. A few races with people with these cars has shown me this clearly, by blasting by them with a smirk on my face as they struggle to keep up. Handling is very sharp, however there is a tad bit of body lean, and brakes are really sharp and when properly used, stop surprisingly fast.

A great first car
By First Car 93 on 05/30/06 00:36 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

This car was a great first car for me. It had great styling, gas mileage, and was extremely reliable. I bought it with 205k and it went to 222,000 miles without any issues! I went to take it in to have them evaluate some noise it was making and it would have cost more to fix it then to just trade it in. So I opted to purchase a new civic from the dealer. Besides that, I never had any issues whatsoever which surprised me with the high mileage it had.

great little
By jw on 05/21/06 16:48 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

i bought this car in 2002 used with 87,000 miles on it. it now has 126,000. very few repairs. it is very reliable and well built. hondas are unbeatable on their ability to build practical, long term vehicles. love this car!

Ugly-refuses to die
By HONDA LOVER on 07/13/05 18:28 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic Coupe EX 2dr Coupe

well, i have to say that this truly is a wonderful car. i bought my civic just to have as a beater b/c my grand cherokee gulps too much gas. i ended up liking my civic so much that i sold the jeep and rely solely on the civic. shes ugly...the clear coat is peeling and the rear quarters are rusting, but she runs like a champ. i still get 40mpg commuting thru the rocky mountains at 80mph everyday for work. at 10000 feet above sea level, that truly is amazing. even with my automatic transmission, it still does well. it now has 166k and i am hunting for a new vehicle now that i have graduated from college but i cant make myself get rid of such a wonderful vehicle. it doesnt even burn oil!!!!!!!