1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Most perfect small car
By Geoff on 03/23/09 20:27 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This car was always there for me. It pulled through snow when pickups foundered. It averaged 38-41 mpg, and I had the original clutch for 180K miles. It now has 253K miles and only died on me once when the water pump seized. 16 wonderful years, but now with a family of 4, we are going to buy midsize. It is a classic. I wish I could keep it for Sunday drives the next 30 years.

Just four repairs in 15 years.
By Dekkie on 05/28/08 15:04 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased my Civic LX new in March of 1993. Almost 170k miles later still drives fine. Even with the automatic I get about 38 mpg on the freeway. Collision damage aside, the only repairs were to replace the rear main seal, distributor rotor, muffler (rust) and igniter. I didn't expect this car to last more than a decade but then again I've never owned a car made in Japan before.

1993 Honda Civic LX
By DMF on 04/10/06 16:34 PM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

My 93 Civic LX has >130K miles, and STILL gets >30 MPG! DOHC engine still very quick and reliable -- cruise very comfortably at fast speeds (would NEVER do with other older-mileage vehicles). Mechanically excellent, but some of the interior components starting to deteriorate after 13 years (LED on stereo, speakers, plastic door handle snapped, spring clip for wipers). Recently test-drove 2003 Civic EX -- difference in performance between 2 was negligible -- I was quite surprised! (Or maybe I couldn't really "test" it because salesperson was sitting next to me). Best car I've owned yet!

THE BEST CAR EVER!!
By george p. on 06/25/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I've had a Honda Civic 93 LX Sedan for almost 11 years now, and I have to say that this is the best economy car I've ever driven. It's reliable, fun to drive, has a big interior and low-cost.

GReat RiDe
By Ludeboy75 on 01/14/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I Bought this car in 2/01 with 110K Miles on the clock. It now has 138k and is still going strong. Very easy to do maintain and repair as long as you're a little mechanically inclined. Responds well to modifications. It rides even better with 16" rims/low profile tires. The D15B7 plant needs at least another 20 HP and it would be perfect.

BEST CAR EVER
By groll on 10/11/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

i love it i love it i love it i love it

great gas milage good reliable comuter
By bigjon on 09/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I just reacently purchsased the car with 162000 mi. It runs perfectly and so far I am geting almost 41 MPG power and performance is good for a compact car, ride is solid and comfortable it dose have some road noise at freeway speed but it is a small econamy car what do you expect.

Poor gas miliage
By cecep on 08/05/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my civic w/ 97000 miles on it and i had it for 2 months so far but what i noticed is NO POWER and in mine it has poor gas miliage about 20 miles in mixed driving and it has a small tank so i have to fill it up ever week!

The Energizer Bunny
By rolande23 on 06/23/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Bought at 122,000 miles now at 174,000 miles! With regualar care this car will last forever. The only indication of age are blemishes on the body. The handling is great, I've dug into corners and beaten-up the shocks on dirt roads and it feels remarkable strong and resiliant. The 5spd transmission makes up for the 102hp engine. The interior is comfortable but dated with it's slider controls all of which still work beautifully. With the exception of the chrome detailing on the exterior the body is subtle attractive yet . This car definitely grows on you.

Best Car Ever
By Edward.J. on 09/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with roughly 88000 miles, and now have around 115000. I paid around $4500. For a kid making 7 dollars an hour it took a lot of work before I could afford it and I'm glad to say it was worth every penny.The gas mileage is amazing doing speeds around 80-85 I still get roughly 36 mpg. For a first car, or just in the need of something realible, this is the car. The only work needed is required maintence, and one or two little things. The car has never failed me and has never left me on the side of the road. The handling is exceptionally sporty and extremly confident handling in turns.