1993 Honda Civic LX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1993 Civic Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Sort Reviews by

Most perfect small car
By Geoff

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

This car was always there for me. It pulled through snow when pickups foundered. It averaged 38-41 mpg, and I had the original clutch for 180K miles. It now has 253K miles and only died on me once when the water pump seized. 16 wonderful years, but now with a family of 4, we are going to buy midsize. It is a classic. I wish I could keep it for Sunday drives the next 30 years.

Favorite Features

Arm rest storage, reliable dash controls, great handling, much better than the late 90 Civics. Fabric held up very well, no tears, very little wear. Interior is still welcoming and fresh, not trashed. Exterior paint is scratched, but just started to rust at wheel wells, a little on hood crease.

Suggested Improvements

Warning light/buzzer for headlights. I kill the battery about 4 times a year leaving home in the dark and arriving at work in bright sunshine, accidentally leaving the headlights on.

Just four repairs in 15 years.
By Dekkie

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Purchased my Civic LX new in March of 1993. Almost 170k miles later still drives fine. Even with the automatic I get about 38 mpg on the freeway. Collision damage aside, the only repairs were to replace the rear main seal, distributor rotor, muffler (rust) and igniter. I didn't expect this car to last more than a decade but then again I've never owned a car made in Japan before.

Favorite Features

Economical to own/run, reliable powertrain, comfortable interior.

Suggested Improvements

Glad they moved away from the under hood air intake too many rocks chip away the front of the hood. Have had moisture leak in the trunk for almost 12 years, still can't figure out where it comes from.

1993 Honda Civic LX
By DMF

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

My 93 Civic LX has >130K miles, and STILL gets >30 MPG! DOHC engine still very quick and reliable -- cruise very comfortably at fast speeds (would NEVER do with other older-mileage vehicles). Mechanically excellent, but some of the interior components starting to deteriorate after 13 years (LED on stereo, speakers, plastic door handle snapped, spring clip for wipers). Recently test-drove 2003 Civic EX -- difference in performance between 2 was negligible -- I was quite surprised! (Or maybe I couldn't really "test" it because salesperson was sitting next to me). Best car I've owned yet!

Favorite Features

Tight handling, fast acceleration in low gears, easy-to-shift gearbox, comfortable ride for the size.

Suggested Improvements

Seemed to chew up CV joints -- had to replace them twice; had some roll on cornering; road noise at higher speeds.

THE BEST CAR EVER!!
By george p.

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I've had a Honda Civic 93 LX Sedan for almost 11 years now, and I have to say that this is the best economy car I've ever driven. It's reliable, fun to drive, has a big interior and low-cost.

Favorite Features

Speed, engine power.

Suggested Improvements

None.

GReat RiDe
By Ludeboy75

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I Bought this car in 2/01 with 110K Miles on the clock. It now has 138k and is still going strong. Very easy to do maintain and repair as long as you're a little mechanically inclined. Responds well to modifications. It rides even better with 16" rims/low profile tires. The D15B7 plant needs at least another 20 HP and it would be perfect.

Favorite Features

Power sterring, Locks, windows, cruise control.

Suggested Improvements

More HP!! AT least 20 HP more.

BEST CAR EVER
By groll

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

i love it i love it i love it i love it

Favorite Features

i love it

great gas milage good reliable comuter
By bigjon

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I just reacently purchsased the car with 162000 mi. It runs perfectly and so far I am geting almost 41 MPG power and performance is good for a compact car, ride is solid and comfortable it dose have some road noise at freeway speed but it is a small econamy car what do you expect.

Favorite Features

I like that it has all the power options and air cond. and the 5 spd gets 40+ MPG

Suggested Improvements

more sound dampening

Poor gas miliage
By cecep

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought my civic w/ 97000 miles on it and i had it for 2 months so far but what i noticed is NO POWER and in mine it has poor gas miliage about 20 miles in mixed driving and it has a small tank so i have to fill it up ever week!

Favorite Features

reliable, cheap, good first car

Suggested Improvements

better accelaration, better gas milage, bigger fuel tank

The Energizer Bunny
By rolande23

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Bought at 122,000 miles now at 174,000 miles! With regualar care this car will last forever. The only indication of age are blemishes on the body. The handling is great, I've dug into corners and beaten-up the shocks on dirt roads and it feels remarkable strong and resiliant. The 5spd transmission makes up for the 102hp engine. The interior is comfortable but dated with it's slider controls all of which still work beautifully. With the exception of the chrome detailing on the exterior the body is subtle attractive yet . This car definitely grows on you.

Favorite Features

Reliability, gas milage, handling, style, amenities

Suggested Improvements

Power, exterior detailing, noise level.

Best Car Ever
By Edward.J.

1993 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car with roughly 88000 miles, and now have around 115000. I paid around $4500. For a kid making 7 dollars an hour it took a lot of work before I could afford it and I'm glad to say it was worth every penny.The gas mileage is amazing doing speeds around 80-85 I still get roughly 36 mpg. For a first car, or just in the need of something realible, this is the car. The only work needed is required maintence, and one or two little things. The car has never failed me and has never left me on the side of the road. The handling is exceptionally sporty and extremly confident handling in turns.

Favorite Features

My favorite feature has to be the full fold rear seat. I do construction over the summers and this car can hold almost anything. For the size of the car it is extremly spacious, I move myself back and forth from college with it.

Suggested Improvements

None.