Used 1993 Honda Civic EX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

bullet proof
By dave jones

1993 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I just sold my 93 ex with 282,000 on it. Never touched the engine and I drove the heck out of it, spent about 3,000g over 175,000. Have an accord now, would recommend an accord over a civic, much nicer ride/ comfort for very little penalty in gas consumption.

5 sp

Ride height, guts on hill

260k miles and going strong
By mike c

1993 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

I am a Honda person for life now!! 260,000 hard miles, uses no oil and not a single major repair. Over 40mpg highway and 35mpg city. I suggest sending the fuel injectors in for off car cleaning every 100k miles (NONE of the bottle stuff works, I tried it all) and do yourself a favor and install a high flow airfilter and muffler. It does NOT have to be a loud "coffee can" to improve performance AND mileage. My exhaust manifold developed a crack around 200k and I replaced it with a header because of lower cost. I would never go back. There was no downside and my engine was more responsive at all rpm's. I use a 50% mix of synthetic and regular oil this made a noticeable improvement in hp & mpg.

reliable, fun to drive, great mileage, everything is within easy reach.

Honda should start building THIS civic again. I like it much better than the new ones.

I miss the Civic
By big H

1993 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

A honda Civic will be one of the Best cars you will ever own. I bought mine in 2000 with 80,000 miles. By the time I sold it, it had 130,000. The only repairs were a hole in the exhaust and a distributor (common for this model yr.) The small engine with an automatic lacked low end torque, but by the time it it 3500 rpm it started to move nicely. No trouble to do 60+ on the hiway. The car had a very nice ride yet still cornered easily. No squeaks or rattles even after 130,000 miles and the way i drove the hell out of it. Nice room for a car in this class too. I miss the Civic. In fact, after a Jeep and a Cavalier since then, I am buying an 04 Civic

-Great MPG, 35 With a mix of city/highway driving. -Does NOT DIE! The thing lasts for ever. -Solidly built. -If you're into it, huge aftermarket parts available.

Most improvments have been since 93. Most notably, more power (102hp/98 lb/ft in 93), (115/110 in 04 LX, more on EX with VTEC). Maybe also a better auto tranny, kind of a slug on hills and hesitates to shift unless you push the pedal far. Newer models have an Electronicly Controlled.

Great, reliable car
By CPHV

1993 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

Why can't GM make a reliable, high- mileage car like the Civic In 11 years and 82,000 miles, we've had to replace the brakes, alternator, battery and clutch to the tune of maybe $2000. It still gets 30 miles to the gallon in the city.

Great gas mileage, very reliable and tough.

Clutch has always been hard. Car is too low to the ground. Feels like you're sitting on a big roller skate.

My 4th Honda, not my last!!!! =O)
By CivicboyOKC

1993 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan

My 93 civic sedan is my fourth honda and i love it! My last one i put 238K miles on it, this one has 163K and still runs great! Unlike ANY DOMESTIC vehicle, this car still has no squeeks, rattles or odd end broken stuff. My mom and 2 sisters have hondas now due to how well mine have lasted. Honda is ALL i will EVER drive!

I love the lil pocket by the cup holder, i love the cup holder style, the trunk is huge, head rests look cool, GREAT on gas! The style and curves of the car have held up well over the years. Oh and one last thing.. its not a CHEVY. EEEWWWWW!!!!!!!! =O) hehe

Hmmm, thats a hard one...its a DX so maybe moore power and bigger wheels. Other than that i cant complain. They are great cars!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!