Used 1993 Honda Civic DX Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1993 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1993 Honda Civic

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Loved it!
By sanderbeck

1993 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Purchased this car used in 1999 with 80K. Drove it daily and never any problems - and I don't maintain cars until 150K. Loved it! Unfortunately so did the thieves - they stole it from my drive way. Can't say enough good things about my car.

Favorite Features

Great room even in back seat, tailgate hatch, fold down seat to get lots in, wonderful gas mileage, great visibility.

Suggested Improvements

Lights on warning - more than one dead battery, original stereo didn't work well, make it harder to break into

I'll buy another Civic!!
By LisaH

1993 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car since day one and have loved every mile. I have almost 200,000 miles on it. It is a little cramped fitting more than just me and my dog in, but all in all it has paid me back for every penny I put into buying and even refinancing it. Took it on a x-country trip and put 10,000 miles on it in a little over a month and it was the most comfortable drive I could have asked for for under $10,000. GREAT first car. I am hoping to replace it with a 4-door Civic this spring.

Favorite Features

Bucket seats, exterior color, agility in traffic, GAS MILEAGE!, tailgate rear hatch.

Suggested Improvements

Can't think of any. It is everything it should be for a small economy car.

Great Car
By ransome22

1993 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

In 1996 I could not get this car to start after having owned it for 2 years. Turned out to be carbon build up, to which I thought the car might be over-sensitive. Other than that, it's great. -- My car has been on a ferry in the Gulf of Mexico, crossed the West Texas desert, taken me to Washington, DC, braved Manhattan's rush hour, ventured to northern Quebec in March, plowed through a snowstorm in Maine, visited the Branch Davidian compound, and provided a makeshift camper for road trips. A very solid car with few worries. However, I highly recommend some high RPM freeway driving to occasionally burn out the carbon buildup.

Favorite Features

Liberal space for a seemingly small car. Tons of hatchback room for moving furniture, etc. Very nimble, easy to control, and fun to drive as a standard 5-speed.

Suggested Improvements

More downward adjustment in seats to allow for more headroom. "Headlights on" warning. Minor: paint / black coat peels off of windshield wipers after a year of use.

honda civic hatchback dx 1994
By abby

1993 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

this was the best car ever! it was great, it lasted through everything i put it through until that one fatal crash. i am so sorry... that was a great car.

Favorite Features

sound system and that it was a stick!

Suggested Improvements

absolutely nothing, only a better driver next time.

Civic's Great !
By alvermette

1993 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

9 years of dependable, economic, maintenance & worry-free fun driving.

Favorite Features

fuel economy, cargo capacity, reliability, maintenance-free

Suggested Improvements

Adjustable Headrest, Standard AM/FM/CD stereo, 1-mechanism seat flip & advance switch instead of 2.