1992 Honda Civic Consumer Review: My 2nd VX and better than the

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Review

My 2nd VX and better than the 1st !!!
By Ken was IL now MI on

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I owned my 1st VX for 10 years - see my 5/2002 review in this section. I was very sad when I sold it but I did because it started to rust badly in several areas. While looking at the bargain section of the car classifieds of the Detroit newspaper I found another 92 VX! for only $1500! What's great about this one? NO SERIOUS RUST!! Three years later????? Anyway the new one (14 years young next month) is really fantastic. It has only 128,000 miles, doesn't leak/burn/use oil, the engine runs like new and the interior is in better shape than my 1st VX - seats and carpeting are mint. Still has the same advantages and disadvantages as the old one but if I could find another 92 I'd buy it!!

Reliability - nothing ever fails as long as regular maintenance is done.

Too late for that but it would be great if Honda could bring back the 1.5 or 1.3L lean burn engines and get 50 to 60 MPG. The 80's 90's CRX's were great gas sippers too and fun to drive also!