Great Car / Timeless
By Texas Car on
1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback
I have had my 92 for 16 years and have no plans to get rid of it. The Little Red Car has 185K miles on it and has been extremely trustworthy. I am a Japanese car tech by trade and only use OEM Honda parts when possible. The axle shafts are the originals. I have, during it's life, installed the second set of boots after the originals. The rotors and drums have never been machined. I am now on the first set of OEM replacement shoes and second set of OEM pads. I am on the first timing belt, water pump and front engine seals, with new drive belts. I will be installing the second replacement belts, tensioner, valve adjust, plugs and misc within the next few days. Then, here I come 250K miles.
Favorite Features
Fuel economy is from 32MPG to 40MPG consistently. I check it every fill up. The mileage hasn't changed for 16 years. Remember, this is a CX with the higher gear ratio for fuel economy. It's not to quick getting off of the line, but likes 80 MPH on the highway. I like the comfort and usability.
Suggested Improvements
I only wish that I had intermittent wipers. The AC, and sound system is fine. I'm 6'2" and fit great in the car. If not I wouldn't have had it for so long. Nice car!!