Reliable Honda - not the best design
By Brock Angelo on
1992 Honda Civic EX 4dr Sedan
What can I say? We are a Honda family. We have found them to be very reliable, and this was no exception. Over the course of two years that I drove the car (inherited it from my wife) we spent an average of $62 per month, including all oil changes and servicing. Not bad when you consider what a normal car payment would be. The reliability of the engine is great, the starter on these is bad. They will often times not start on particularly hot and humid days. But give it five minutes and it will turn right over. A problem with the main relay on the starter. Also, I never liked the side mounted door handles, and the cup holders are a false sense of security - you'd be better off not using them.
Favorite Features
Honda reliability. A style that did not age much when I sold it at 14 years old. Great engine performance.
Suggested Improvements
They no longer have the odd door handles, and cup holders have been improved on newer models. If you get this car, try to get the main relay replaced and you'll be fine. Sold it at $164,000 miles only because I hate the stick shift and odd design.