Civic in Crisis
By Atlanta Zach on
1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback
Purchased as my first car, my Civic may have to be retired pretty soon. Purchased at 92k miles, currently 150k , it seems pretty young, esp. for a Honda. I've had radiator flushed, and checked (along with hoses) for leaks, had the thermostat replaced three times in two months, no coolant leakage, overheats regularly. Due to nearly non-existent residual value I'm going to buy a replacement and tear it down to attempt a ressurection. It HADn't given me many problems the entire time I owned the car even with sometimes inconsistent maintenance. I would recommend the model to a potential buyer but beware overheating issues.
Favorite Features
Holds more storage than its small body lets on. With a manual transmission the car has plenty of power for most applications due to low weight. Cute body creates warm fuzzy feelings. LOOONG cruising gearing (102 in 3rd).
Suggested Improvements
I've met several others with the same overheating problem online in cars of varying model years. If that one problem would stop I would drive this car indefinitely (until another chronic or terminal problem came up)