1992 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
car with a personality!
By Deep in the snow on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

This car is just great. I thought it was getting old so I bought a newer Dodge to replace it. The latter had half the mileage, twice the engine size and all the extra features you can think of... I ended up selling it and keeping my Honda instead. Even at 100k miles, it is a very reliable car and its engine starts promptly at -20F, only done minor repairs. Overall, excellent car. Great looking too.

what a worry-free fun drive
By xrbn on 01/20/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

Had this car since new in 1992. 160,000 miles later, I still can't part with it. Trade in/resale is about 500 bucks but worth so much more! Husband threatening to haul it away - says it is time. I've had to replace the cheap exhaust 2x and rust above rear wheels is a problem. People still love the hatchback folding down and I fit a large dresser in there one time - plus can fit 5 bales of straw in there at a time! Handling around corners is superb!

CIVIC
By yonskibabe on 11/27/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

purchased with 60,000 miles and has 165,000 now. Best posssible small car available!

great car
By fdg456 on 11/26/02 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

bought car with 9k and 10years and 227000 miles later lost it to a rear- end collision. Never a problem with it, maintenance was minimal/routine/cheap. Fantastic fuel economy: always 40-44mpg mixed city/hwy, even after 200,000+miles! Inside and out stayed looking great.

Fun, reliable, and fast
By tgbastau on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car with almost 140,000 miles and was thusly planning some sort of engine swap. However, the little SOHC VTEC powerplant still pulls strongly to the redline without any complaints. Transmission shifts smoothly with semi-short throws, the interior is very comfortable, and all the fun power features still work blissfully. I definitely suggest this car to anyone, high-mileage or not.

Won't ever sell it
By Maxwell on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new when I was in college. Now, 10 years later and with a good job I still love it. Everyone I work with drives new SUVs, luxury sedans, or sport cars, but I enjoy driving my Civic. It has a solid feel, responsive handling, acceptable accelleration, and I like the styling (much less cheap looking than the new Civics). Plus, I don't feel nervous parking in D.C. or driving over potholes.

10 years of trouble-free driving
By Ken was IL now MI on 05/20/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

Best car I've ever owned. Only replaced the typical (tires, battery, brakes,tuneup,timing belt,etc) Needed new CV boots at 140,000. Replaced driveshafts (about $330.00). Used Mobil 1 since 500 miles. Maintains 42 MPG city/highway. Rust is starting to become a concern. Wonder how much longer it will still look acceptable.

After 10 years, I still love this car
By Robbin on 04/25/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my VX new in 1992. 170,000 miles later, and I still love this car. In all those miles, I have had to replace only the distributor and the coil. Fantastic. Handles like a dream and still looks new. Finish and interior wore exceptionally well. I wish they hadn't stopped putting the V- tech engine in the Civic - this was one awesome car.

Honda makes a great car
By Saleem Chaudhary on 04/23/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I have driven this car over 200,000 miles with no problems... I think I am going to keep it around for another 100,000 or so miles...

happy owner
By jay on 03/09/02 22:32 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Si 2dr Hatchback

This is a great car that I have had no problems with. The only part of the car that I don't like is the "a" pillar. The design is awful,rain enters vehicle while raining with window cracked open, wind is horribe against side of head. Just a poor design. The rest of the car is great. I would buy more if I had the money.