Used 1992 Honda Civic Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Small yet big on the inside
By Lukas on 01/16/06 12:25 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

Overall a great car. Small yet roomy on the inside. Superb car on the gas! Small engine but w/ 5-speed was able to keep up w/ "big guys". I ended my Honda experience being crushed by a tractor-trailer at the stop sign - I am alive but I cannot imagine surviving a real crush

Excellent car
By Realist731 on 12/17/05 20:52 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

The car is built very well and will last for a very long time if not driven like a race car and oil changed as scheduled. I have 177K on mine right now and can't imagine it not making it to 250-300K. It runs great and it's the most dependable car I've ever had.

Finally, a place to praise her!
By Ray C on 11/28/05 21:35 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic DX 2dr Hatchback

Purchasing her was a nightmare, but owning her is a dream. This car has seen: 5 roundtrip treks from Chicago to L.A., plowed through 2 ft deep snow (clearing a path for a Blazer for 4 miles), ran into the side of a mountain (friend borrowed her), carried everything I owned as a bachelor, beats camaros through intersections (then loses a block later, lol), looks great, runs better, and is still ready for more. I realize no one will probably see this because of the year, but she is worth the effort to type a few words of praise. I will look back on the time i owned her, and smile. I will always compare future cars to her. My children will drive Civic HB's as their startup cars if I can convince them.

My 2nd VX and better than the 1st !!!
By Ken was IL now MI on 11/17/05 21:41 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

I owned my 1st VX for 10 years - see my 5/2002 review in this section. I was very sad when I sold it but I did because it started to rust badly in several areas. While looking at the bargain section of the car classifieds of the Detroit newspaper I found another 92 VX! for only $1500! What's great about this one? NO SERIOUS RUST!! Three years later????? Anyway the new one (14 years young next month) is really fantastic. It has only 128,000 miles, doesn't leak/burn/use oil, the engine runs like new and the interior is in better shape than my 1st VX - seats and carpeting are mint. Still has the same advantages and disadvantages as the old one but if I could find another 92 I'd buy it!!

Civic lover
By Tina on 11/10/05 14:19 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car in 2002 and put 40k mi on it in 3 1/2 years never had one prob. I sold it with 216k mi for a newer civic, and then sold that for an suv, I miss driving a civic so much I am going to buy another one here soon. Best car I have ever driven!!

Wouldn't buy any other brand car
By hondas forever on 09/23/05 22:19 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Hondas are an excellent car. They are very reiliable and run forever with normal little maintance, like the pink bunny. 247,000 mostly highway miles and still going extremely strong. Purchased with 105,000 miles in 1996. Good leg and head room. Great resale value.

200,000 and still going
By Great Car on 08/14/05 10:09 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic DX 4dr Sedan

I just purchase my Civic two months ago. I believe the previous owner didn't take good care of it but, despite it's abuse, it's still in great condition. I did have to replace the water pump, and the CV boots were split, but once those things were taken care of it felt like I was driving a new car. Gas mileage is still around 35 mpg, the cars acceleration is very responsive, and steering is great.

What a Great Car
By beaker on 03/11/05 13:15 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic VX 2dr Hatchback

With gas prices so high only Hybrids can do better for mileage. This car has high interior noise, the seats are not that comfortable and rust is showing up in the rear quater panels but that is about the end of the bad stuff. Almost 283K miles, no major engine work and average mileage is around 40 MPG. It handles well and keeps up in city traffic no problem. I have seen several civics customized but this one won't see that kind of work until the engine goes.

WOW!
By Honda Civic Lover on 12/30/04 07:22 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic LX 4dr Sedan

Perfect first car. Reliable, cute, and fuel efficient. Highly recommend.

And Still Going.........
By Energizer B on 12/28/04 18:52 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic CX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new.. the little gas sipper, like that certain rabbit keeps on going... Have hauled lots in that hatchback including a dining room table and chairs in three trips. At 154000 still runs great, low maintenance, and keeping it till it dies....