1992 Honda Civic Hatchback Consumer Reviews 2

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
And Still Going.........
By Energizer B on 12/28/04 18:52 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new.. the little gas sipper, like that certain rabbit keeps on going... Have hauled lots in that hatchback including a dining room table and chairs in three trips. At 154000 still runs great, low maintenance, and keeping it till it dies....

a great little car
By zchick on 04/23/04 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car for five years now and have just decided to sell it for a bigger vehicle. It has 178,000 miles and is still kickin'. It has taken me to New England (850 miles) and back and many places in between. I would recommend these cars to anyone.

love ya baby
By jlf on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback

Only have 2 complaints. The rear window latch does not latch in cold weather. (They fixed this on later models) Because it is small and black, I have been bumped into a couple of times.

Fun, inexpensive ride, gr8 fro college
By saX on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Low to no maintaining cost, fuel efficient,very reliable.

LOADS OF FUN FOR A SMALL PRICE!!!!!!!
By Stedman05 on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I love it. It has great handling, acceleration for a car w/ a 102hp, lots of cargo room, cool looks, and GREAT mpg. The car looks great for a 92 w/ a simple yet sporty design. The acceleration is great especially w/ the 5-spd. The seats are great. They have lots of side bolstering for hips, ribs, and a little for shoulders. They have great lumbar support too. The handling is great. You don't have to worry about hitting anyone in parking lots. I would suggest getting one without PS, because you get a better feel of the road. Don't forget the 35/40 mpg you get with the car. If you want a cool little car but on a budget, this is the car for you.

Civic in Crisis
By Atlanta Zach on 07/18/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

Purchased as my first car, my Civic may have to be retired pretty soon. Purchased at 92k miles, currently 150k , it seems pretty young, esp. for a Honda. I've had radiator flushed, and checked (along with hoses) for leaks, had the thermostat replaced three times in two months, no coolant leakage, overheats regularly. Due to nearly non-existent residual value I'm going to buy a replacement and tear it down to attempt a ressurection. It HADn't given me many problems the entire time I owned the car even with sometimes inconsistent maintenance. I would recommend the model to a potential buyer but beware overheating issues.

Still strong after 11 years
By Jo Co Max on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback

I am original owner. Have just turned 157,000 miles and car still strong. Have just done required maintance. Still a great car, consistently gets 30 - 32 MPG in daily city driving. Performance better than any car in it's class. The perfect communter car. The design is still fresh after 14 years, a sharp looking car. Weak areas: 1.Front brakes; discs only last about 20,000 miles. 2. CV boots weak(?); have to replace them between 30,000 - 40,000 miles. I plan to keep it for another 100,000 miles!!!

Superb 1992 Honda Civic VX
By H. Pierce on 05/04/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback VX 2dr Hatchback

In 11 years of ownership, only four items have broken, two under warranty. A heat shield loosened and rattled, interior locking latches broke on both doors, the distributor cap cracked. Total repair bills: $353 (including 1 tow). All other items have been scheduled maintenance and expected replacements (e.g. battery, tires, CV boots, exhaust system) Overall average efficiency is 46 mpg in my mix of city and suburban freeway driving.

IT JUST WONT DIE
By Silencer on 05/02/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

i had a civic 1992 cx , so far its the first and best car i have had. for a first car i was really killing it. didnt do an oil change in 6 or 9 months, i was driving without oil sometimes , even brought it to 190kmph WITHOUT OIL... i was young :) and freaking nuts. :( ... after all i did to it , it rarly died on me. and when it did it was an old part that did its time (clutch at 180k, radiator at 177k brakes,) thats it the only reason i sold it is cuz it was rusted like hell. and clutch died cuz i was teaching my friends to drive standard and they were killing it) VERY RELIABLE CAR ! and the body holds together more than the new cardboard civics.

Great fuel economy car
By cheese9988 on 04/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

Great fuel efficient and reliable car, am buying a 91 crx now. Car usually got around 36-38mpg and stick shift makes it fun to drive. Very easy to work on and easy to find parts for even for an import. Usual tune up parts was all that needed fixing. I would definitely recommed.