1992 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
Best Car I've owned
By xXShiXx on 01/22/10 21:53 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I brought this car in June 2009 with 226K miles, I've added an additional 9K miles since then. Haven't had any problems whatso ever yet, knock on wood. The only thing with this Civic is that its FWD and kills the front two tires quickly. No complaints though, i plan on keeping this for a good while.

wonderful little civic
By samcivic on 10/17/08 00:57 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Brought the cute Civic for good gas mileage, reliability and low cost to operate and it delivers. I had a fast prelude, the Civic has little performance, but is fun to drive and light weight very good on the snow. The Civic look small, but very roomy and comfortable even for tall a person like myself. The Civic is the best bargain I can think of. Very happy to own a cute little Civic.

Great work car
By SavivnGas on 05/08/08 15:16 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

With fuel the way it is, I parked the F 150 crew cab and purchased this vehicle used, with 88,844 original miles on it. I have not owned it long, but I am already wondering what I ever did with out it. My first fuel cycle, resulted in a MPG of 40.8, mostly highway. That is a lot better than the 17.5 I was getting. Now, my wife, 2 daughters and myself are all driving Honda's, ranging from 92 Civic, 02 Accord, 04 Accord and 07 Civic. These have all been great vehicles and I can imagine owning any other make.

Excellent car
By Realist731 on 12/17/05 20:52 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

The car is built very well and will last for a very long time if not driven like a race car and oil changed as scheduled. I have 177K on mine right now and can't imagine it not making it to 250-300K. It runs great and it's the most dependable car I've ever had.

200,000 and still going
By Great Car on 08/14/05 10:09 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I just purchase my Civic two months ago. I believe the previous owner didn't take good care of it but, despite it's abuse, it's still in great condition. I did have to replace the water pump, and the CV boots were split, but once those things were taken care of it felt like I was driving a new car. Gas mileage is still around 35 mpg, the cars acceleration is very responsive, and steering is great.

American junk should be embarrased
By revan04 on 02/20/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Bought this car at a city acution. Car had body damage and needed substantial work. Since it is only a DX, had the head cleaned up and the intake side ported -Straight piped the exhaust system (no cats)..she dont tell the cops. -Added a cold air intake -Tuner style muffler -Short shifter For around $1500 done and complete I got a very nice ride. Put 20,000 before selling it. Only experienced rust induced troubles (brakes rusted, suspension bushings...) Peppy little car Mine did a 1/4 mile in 17.2 and 0-60 in about 9.9 seconds, not bad for 4 door with 102 hp.

Car keeps on going
By rvirk on 12/08/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Just with very minimum maintenence (oil changes), this car has lasted me 12 years and going strong at 160K miles. I have a Mercedes, BMW, and Hyndai. But Honda Civic is the best value Period.

Our impressive Civic
By Happy owner on 10/13/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

We bought the civic new in 1992, Since then it has given us 134,000 miles of trouble-free service. We took the car in once for a defective distributor which was take care of by Honda.We have done all the regular maint.,and service and it has given us back dependability and saved money in our pockets at the fuel pump(35 to 44 mpg).We our so pleased with this car that in 2002 we bought our second Honda, a 2002 Civic LX.I know that our 1992 Civic will go another 130,000 miles with regular maintenance and care.

Good car for those with shallow pockets
By ChillyWilly on 09/25/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I bought this car after wrecking a late model luxury car. Though it has been a great downgrade, the Cvic is a good, reliable car. It's driver friendly, well-built and fun to drive. Performance is the one negative remark. Expect to be the last pulling off a light. On the plus side, Honda performance parts are widely available, if you are looking to increase horsepower. Overall, I am very happy with my purchase. 120K and going strong.

great handling but a slow car
By wishihadafastercar on 08/19/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

The car has great handling and great gas efficiency, but man where's the accelerating?? This car chokes on hills, and when you need power the Civic won't give it. I've floored it once and the engine started making a loud noise but my car still didn't go fast. Overall it's a good car if you drive like a grandma (if you don't accelerate much) so it'll save you a lot of money on gas. But on the other side, it can be very frustrating driving with barely any acceleration. Of course you could always do stuff to it to make it faster, but then I would rather just buy a more expensive car with more horsepower and torque.