Used 1992 Honda Civic LX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

1992 Honda Civic Sedan

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Worst car I ever owned
By stuckinutah

1992 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car on its reputation. That was my first mistake, the second was keeping it. I have owned it for two and a half years and about 40,000 miles, but it seems like it has been in the shop more than on the road. Items fixed/replaced, head gaskets, water pump, timing belt, alternator, radiator and hoses. Plus I have to check the oil and radiator fluid every 100 miles to top them off. I put 5 quarts of oil in between each oil change, which I get every 3000 miles. It is going to be sold ,or driven off a cliff, this spring when I get a more reliable car.

Look on the road, these cars last
By jonas

1992 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've been tempted to see the car, trade it in for anything because the car lasts so long. I am the original owner when it first came out it was the first rounded edge small luxury car. Sure somethings needed replacement: 2 radiators, 1 set cv boots 3 alternators, 2 ignition coils. Every thing else I could replace myself. I solved the problem of wind noise 14 years later with a rubber band stuffed in the door rubber grommets to press it against the window better and to place some noise insulation underneath the floor and inside the front doors. Get a k & n air filter and pickup from stop is good enough. On the freeway, given the light weight, at high speed it can match any car from 70+

Favorite Features

cheap cheap cheap to run and keep running. best car of its time and outlasts even newer civics. people know it is a high quality car regardless of age.

Suggested Improvements

better uv protection for windows and paint. even new civics are just as noisy and engine buzzy.

Best car to own by a student
By Andrei

1992 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I gave this car all tens because it never let me down. I commute 35 miles 5 days a week to school, in Vermont, and it always took me there, no matter how bad the weather was, or how deep the snow got. Having a low clearance it's very stable while cornering. And mileage, only a hybrid would get a better mileage than this car. I will remain with Honda and drive this baby for as long as it can take me.

Favorite Features

For a '92, it has cruise control, power windows, power locks. No A/C though. But a lot of cars these days don't even have cruise control or power windows.

Suggested Improvements

None. Too bad they don't make such fuel efficient cars these days. On the highway, I get at least 40 mpg.

Back to Honda
By Jerry

1992 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We had Hondas before, and glad to be owners and drivers of one again. This Honda had 150,000 miles (now about 155,1115 miles) when we bought it. It had been well-maintained, and runs great. After about six months, still no problems (other than a cracked windshield and headlight bezel). Just a few weeks after buying the car, we drove it 490 miles in one day when we relocated from Scranton, PA to Norfolk, VA. I'm now commuting 16 miles to work round trip daily, five days per week, in addition to a lot of running around when not working. We had Hondas in the past (1990 Civic DX, 1984 Civic), and very happy to be back into Hondas, where we will stay. Have several kids who also drive Hondas

Favorite Features

Smooth running; sure handling; small tires (less costly to replace); auto door locks, and power windows (all of which still work). Superb reliability; I know I can depend on it to keep running with no problems.

Suggested Improvements

Stronger material for door handle bezel. Cracked the driver door bezel when attempting to open the door, not realizing that I had locked it when resting my arm on the window sill. Either that, or design the door to automatically unlock when lever is pulled from inside.

Honda Civic
By Peter

1992 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Usually spending 200 USD/YEAR for repairing. It was eating 10 liters/ 100 km in city.

Favorite Features

transmission

Suggested Improvements

Sell it after after 10 years use!