1992 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
DTD
By harrowing_lane on 09/14/12 04:38 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I drove this car until it died. I got the car in 1998 and I got my 350 dollars out of it that I definitely owe Honda some money (Don't tell them that). The car currently has 298000 miles on it. They really don't make cars like that anymore. Sometimes it was really hard to start but always kept me safe. I drove this car from NY to PA, TN, IN, GA, SC, FL, CT, OH to name a few places. I loved my car rust and all. The thing is the engine is still alive and kicking .Thing is the car will fall apart but the engine is really built to last. Its just water is coming in now and the alternator has finally died. Bottom line if I could get a semi new 1992 Honda Civic. I would buy it yesterday.

Awesome
By joetron on 04/27/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 125,000, and it has been faithful to us for 7 years and 75,000 miles. We have done standard maintenance for a 17 year old car (new muffler, changed the belts, new clutch). Other than that, nothing but standard maintenance. The car has never broken down, all the electronics still work, and it still runs great.

Reliable Honda - not the best design
By Brock Angelo on 09/02/06 08:40 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

What can I say? We are a Honda family. We have found them to be very reliable, and this was no exception. Over the course of two years that I drove the car (inherited it from my wife) we spent an average of $62 per month, including all oil changes and servicing. Not bad when you consider what a normal car payment would be. The reliability of the engine is great, the starter on these is bad. They will often times not start on particularly hot and humid days. But give it five minutes and it will turn right over. A problem with the main relay on the starter. Also, I never liked the side mounted door handles, and the cup holders are a false sense of security - you'd be better off not using them.

Great Car
By Lyricnac on 06/08/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

Extremely well made, excellent gas mileage, Honda built another hit.