Used 1992 Honda Civic DX Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Civic - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Best Car I've owned
By xXShiXx

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I brought this car in June 2009 with 226K miles, I've added an additional 9K miles since then. Haven't had any problems whatso ever yet, knock on wood. The only thing with this Civic is that its FWD and kills the front two tires quickly. No complaints though, i plan on keeping this for a good while.

Favorite Features

Great gas mileage, Quick speed, and Reliability

Suggested Improvements

none

wonderful little civic
By samcivic

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Brought the cute Civic for good gas mileage, reliability and low cost to operate and it delivers. I had a fast prelude, the Civic has little performance, but is fun to drive and light weight very good on the snow. The Civic look small, but very roomy and comfortable even for tall a person like myself. The Civic is the best bargain I can think of. Very happy to own a cute little Civic.

Favorite Features

Nice gas mileage. Fun to drive. Reliable to drive. Cheap insurance. I am '511 fit nicely.

Suggested Improvements

Everything is cheap to operate, i won't ask for more.

Great work car
By SavivnGas

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

With fuel the way it is, I parked the F 150 crew cab and purchased this vehicle used, with 88,844 original miles on it. I have not owned it long, but I am already wondering what I ever did with out it. My first fuel cycle, resulted in a MPG of 40.8, mostly highway. That is a lot better than the 17.5 I was getting. Now, my wife, 2 daughters and myself are all driving Honda's, ranging from 92 Civic, 02 Accord, 04 Accord and 07 Civic. These have all been great vehicles and I can imagine owning any other make.

Favorite Features

Reliability and fuel mileage

Suggested Improvements

I am satisfied

Excellent car
By Realist731

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

The car is built very well and will last for a very long time if not driven like a race car and oil changed as scheduled. I have 177K on mine right now and can't imagine it not making it to 250-300K. It runs great and it's the most dependable car I've ever had.

Favorite Features

Inside has a lot of room.

Suggested Improvements

None. It's 2006 now and there has been great improvement made to the new models.

200,000 and still going
By Great Car

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I just purchase my Civic two months ago. I believe the previous owner didn't take good care of it but, despite it's abuse, it's still in great condition. I did have to replace the water pump, and the CV boots were split, but once those things were taken care of it felt like I was driving a new car. Gas mileage is still around 35 mpg, the cars acceleration is very responsive, and steering is great.

Favorite Features

Gas mileage.

Suggested Improvements

Needs a little more power.