1992 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
DTD
By harrowing_lane on 09/14/12 04:38 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I drove this car until it died. I got the car in 1998 and I got my 350 dollars out of it that I definitely owe Honda some money (Don't tell them that). The car currently has 298000 miles on it. They really don't make cars like that anymore. Sometimes it was really hard to start but always kept me safe. I drove this car from NY to PA, TN, IN, GA, SC, FL, CT, OH to name a few places. I loved my car rust and all. The thing is the engine is still alive and kicking .Thing is the car will fall apart but the engine is really built to last. Its just water is coming in now and the alternator has finally died. Bottom line if I could get a semi new 1992 Honda Civic. I would buy it yesterday.

Look on the road, these cars last
By jonas on 06/21/10 21:08 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've been tempted to see the car, trade it in for anything because the car lasts so long. I am the original owner when it first came out it was the first rounded edge small luxury car. Sure somethings needed replacement: 2 radiators, 1 set cv boots 3 alternators, 2 ignition coils. Every thing else I could replace myself. I solved the problem of wind noise 14 years later with a rubber band stuffed in the door rubber grommets to press it against the window better and to place some noise insulation underneath the floor and inside the front doors. Get a k & n air filter and pickup from stop is good enough. On the freeway, given the light weight, at high speed it can match any car from 70+

Best Car I've owned
By xXShiXx on 01/22/10 21:53 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I brought this car in June 2009 with 226K miles, I've added an additional 9K miles since then. Haven't had any problems whatso ever yet, knock on wood. The only thing with this Civic is that its FWD and kills the front two tires quickly. No complaints though, i plan on keeping this for a good while.

Best car to own by a student
By Andrei on 12/21/09 07:11 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I gave this car all tens because it never let me down. I commute 35 miles 5 days a week to school, in Vermont, and it always took me there, no matter how bad the weather was, or how deep the snow got. Having a low clearance it's very stable while cornering. And mileage, only a hybrid would get a better mileage than this car. I will remain with Honda and drive this baby for as long as it can take me.

Awesome
By joetron on 04/27/09 20:48 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

We bought this car with 125,000, and it has been faithful to us for 7 years and 75,000 miles. We have done standard maintenance for a 17 year old car (new muffler, changed the belts, new clutch). Other than that, nothing but standard maintenance. The car has never broken down, all the electronics still work, and it still runs great.

wonderful little civic
By samcivic on 10/17/08 00:57 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Brought the cute Civic for good gas mileage, reliability and low cost to operate and it delivers. I had a fast prelude, the Civic has little performance, but is fun to drive and light weight very good on the snow. The Civic look small, but very roomy and comfortable even for tall a person like myself. The Civic is the best bargain I can think of. Very happy to own a cute little Civic.

Great work car
By SavivnGas on 05/08/08 15:16 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

With fuel the way it is, I parked the F 150 crew cab and purchased this vehicle used, with 88,844 original miles on it. I have not owned it long, but I am already wondering what I ever did with out it. My first fuel cycle, resulted in a MPG of 40.8, mostly highway. That is a lot better than the 17.5 I was getting. Now, my wife, 2 daughters and myself are all driving Honda's, ranging from 92 Civic, 02 Accord, 04 Accord and 07 Civic. These have all been great vehicles and I can imagine owning any other make.

Back to Honda
By Jerry on 04/29/08 08:15 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

We had Hondas before, and glad to be owners and drivers of one again. This Honda had 150,000 miles (now about 155,1115 miles) when we bought it. It had been well-maintained, and runs great. After about six months, still no problems (other than a cracked windshield and headlight bezel). Just a few weeks after buying the car, we drove it 490 miles in one day when we relocated from Scranton, PA to Norfolk, VA. I'm now commuting 16 miles to work round trip daily, five days per week, in addition to a lot of running around when not working. We had Hondas in the past (1990 Civic DX, 1984 Civic), and very happy to be back into Hondas, where we will stay. Have several kids who also drive Hondas

Honda Civic
By Peter on 11/17/06 01:06 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

Usually spending 200 USD/YEAR for repairing. It was eating 10 liters/ 100 km in city.

Reliable Honda - not the best design
By Brock Angelo on 09/02/06 08:40 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

What can I say? We are a Honda family. We have found them to be very reliable, and this was no exception. Over the course of two years that I drove the car (inherited it from my wife) we spent an average of $62 per month, including all oil changes and servicing. Not bad when you consider what a normal car payment would be. The reliability of the engine is great, the starter on these is bad. They will often times not start on particularly hot and humid days. But give it five minutes and it will turn right over. A problem with the main relay on the starter. Also, I never liked the side mounted door handles, and the cup holders are a false sense of security - you'd be better off not using them.