Used 1992 Honda Civic Sedan Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Civic Sedan - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

5 Stars Across The Board - Best Car Built
By cool_breeze1

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

Best built car ever in my opinion. Great built, reliability, design, fuel efficiency, repairability. I still have this car - 156,000 miles, body and frame are still holding up after a decade in salt country, parts are easy to find, inexpensive, easy to replace. By the way, this is the second one I have owned and real MPG is actually BETTER than the government-stats posted online - this one gets 38 MPG highway, my previous one got 44 MPG highway, both are in the 30's in the city - better than many older hybrids without all the batteries. I don't drive it any more but really cannot part with it because it is a rare gem of an auto - one designed with quality in mind rather than profit.

Everything. Incredible space for a small car, incredible zip for a small engine, phenomenal reliability, inexpensive parts, just great design work all-around.

Only improvement is that they should have run with this design for a much longer period of time. The 1992 - 1994 Civics, especially DX and LX, were designed with the owner in mind rather than with making a disposable vehicle for manufacturer profitability like 99% of all other car models.

Worst car I ever owned
By stuckinutah

1992 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I purchased this car on its reputation. That was my first mistake, the second was keeping it. I have owned it for two and a half years and about 40,000 miles, but it seems like it has been in the shop more than on the road. Items fixed/replaced, head gaskets, water pump, timing belt, alternator, radiator and hoses. Plus I have to check the oil and radiator fluid every 100 miles to top them off. I put 5 quarts of oil in between each oil change, which I get every 3000 miles. It is going to be sold ,or driven off a cliff, this spring when I get a more reliable car.

DTD
By harrowing_lane

1992 Honda Civic Sedan EX 4dr Sedan

I drove this car until it died. I got the car in 1998 and I got my 350 dollars out of it that I definitely owe Honda some money (Don't tell them that). The car currently has 298000 miles on it. They really don't make cars like that anymore. Sometimes it was really hard to start but always kept me safe. I drove this car from NY to PA, TN, IN, GA, SC, FL, CT, OH to name a few places. I loved my car rust and all. The thing is the engine is still alive and kicking .Thing is the car will fall apart but the engine is really built to last. Its just water is coming in now and the alternator has finally died. Bottom line if I could get a semi new 1992 Honda Civic. I would buy it yesterday.

All

Nothing really except rusting occurs but who can really complain car is over 20 years old

Look on the road, these cars last
By jonas

1992 Honda Civic Sedan LX 4dr Sedan

I've been tempted to see the car, trade it in for anything because the car lasts so long. I am the original owner when it first came out it was the first rounded edge small luxury car. Sure somethings needed replacement: 2 radiators, 1 set cv boots 3 alternators, 2 ignition coils. Every thing else I could replace myself. I solved the problem of wind noise 14 years later with a rubber band stuffed in the door rubber grommets to press it against the window better and to place some noise insulation underneath the floor and inside the front doors. Get a k & n air filter and pickup from stop is good enough. On the freeway, given the light weight, at high speed it can match any car from 70+

cheap cheap cheap to run and keep running. best car of its time and outlasts even newer civics. people know it is a high quality car regardless of age.

better uv protection for windows and paint. even new civics are just as noisy and engine buzzy.

Best Car I've owned
By xXShiXx

1992 Honda Civic Sedan DX 4dr Sedan

I brought this car in June 2009 with 226K miles, I've added an additional 9K miles since then. Haven't had any problems whatso ever yet, knock on wood. The only thing with this Civic is that its FWD and kills the front two tires quickly. No complaints though, i plan on keeping this for a good while.

Great gas mileage, Quick speed, and Reliability