Used 1992 Honda Civic CX Hatchback Consumer Reviews | Edmunds

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:

Great Car / Timeless
By Texas Car

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

I have had my 92 for 16 years and have no plans to get rid of it. The Little Red Car has 185K miles on it and has been extremely trustworthy. I am a Japanese car tech by trade and only use OEM Honda parts when possible. The axle shafts are the originals. I have, during it's life, installed the second set of boots after the originals. The rotors and drums have never been machined. I am now on the first set of OEM replacement shoes and second set of OEM pads. I am on the first timing belt, water pump and front engine seals, with new drive belts. I will be installing the second replacement belts, tensioner, valve adjust, plugs and misc within the next few days. Then, here I come 250K miles.

Fuel economy is from 32MPG to 40MPG consistently. I check it every fill up. The mileage hasn't changed for 16 years. Remember, this is a CX with the higher gear ratio for fuel economy. It's not to quick getting off of the line, but likes 80 MPH on the highway. I like the comfort and usability.

I only wish that I had intermittent wipers. The AC, and sound system is fine. I'm 6'2" and fit great in the car. If not I wouldn't have had it for so long. Nice car!!

What a great car!!
By ace1932

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

My dad purchased the car when it was new back in 1992 from a dealer in Southern California. It's my car now and I love it! Sure it has no pick-up and I'm making more frequent trips to the shop. All in all, it's a great car! Handling is fantastic!! I routinely get 36 MPG in the city, while using 87 octane gas!! The build quality is great! My car has never had any rust issues and it still has the engine it came with when new. It now has over 170k miles on it, but still works really well. The original clutch lasted 137k miles!! So yes, the car will never die. I routinely get offers from random people on the street to buy my car. Oh yes, and my A/C compressor is in need of replacement.

Interior/exterior styling. The handling is fantastic. Great MPG!

Could use 110 more horsepower! Would also benefit from 4 wheel disc brakes! The drive seat could use more support in the but area. More lateral support also wouldn't hurt!!

Really nice car
By albert

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

Well this car like the common old car gave me the typical problems, catalytic converter, then the brakes, and one problem whit a washer somewhere in the engine, but after almos 70 000 miles what do you expect, yes, I put like 35k miles per year to that car.

It's really fun to drive, especially if you have it in standard transmission. Really really really cheap, I put 5 bucks and I can make like 80 miles it's like 40 mpg

None, same one but newer

And Still Going.........
By Energizer B

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new.. the little gas sipper, like that certain rabbit keeps on going... Have hauled lots in that hatchback including a dining room table and chairs in three trips. At 154000 still runs great, low maintenance, and keeping it till it dies....

Dependable and cost .. the savings lets me take fancy vacations abroad

Make the new ones as simple as this one

a great little car
By zchick

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback CX 2dr Hatchback

I have had this car for five years now and have just decided to sell it for a bigger vehicle. It has 178,000 miles and is still kickin'. It has taken me to New England (850 miles) and back and many places in between. I would recommend these cars to anyone.

better o rings