1992 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
love ya baby
By jlf on 01/16/04 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback

Only have 2 complaints. The rear window latch does not latch in cold weather. (They fixed this on later models) Because it is small and black, I have been bumped into a couple of times.

Still strong after 11 years
By Jo Co Max on 05/30/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback

I am original owner. Have just turned 157,000 miles and car still strong. Have just done required maintance. Still a great car, consistently gets 30 - 32 MPG in daily city driving. Performance better than any car in it's class. The perfect communter car. The design is still fresh after 14 years, a sharp looking car. Weak areas: 1.Front brakes; discs only last about 20,000 miles. 2. CV boots weak(?); have to replace them between 30,000 - 40,000 miles. I plan to keep it for another 100,000 miles!!!

Fun, reliable, and fast
By tgbastau on 08/19/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car with almost 140,000 miles and was thusly planning some sort of engine swap. However, the little SOHC VTEC powerplant still pulls strongly to the redline without any complaints. Transmission shifts smoothly with semi-short throws, the interior is very comfortable, and all the fun power features still work blissfully. I definitely suggest this car to anyone, high-mileage or not.

happy owner
By jay on 03/09/02 22:32 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback

This is a great car that I have had no problems with. The only part of the car that I don't like is the "a" pillar. The design is awful,rain enters vehicle while raining with window cracked open, wind is horribe against side of head. Just a poor design. The rest of the car is great. I would buy more if I had the money.

Its the best 1992 civic si
By tylernaval on 03/02/02 19:45 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback Si 2dr Hatchback

This vehicle has been driven from here to anywhere. you name it. its the best car on the road, and one of the fastest.