1992 Honda Civic Hatchback - Consumer Reviews

View reviews for a specific Civic model:
The BEST Car EVER MADE!!!!
By yummy_honie on 08/03/11 06:21 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought my car back in January 2009 and it has been almost 3 years. Its a 1992 Honda Civic Hatchback and it has been my life saver. I named her Lil Magic because she never lets me down. Its so funny because for it to be such a old car, almost 20 yrs old, she still keeps up with the best of them effortlessly. We are often doing 90 on the highway and joke around with my bf and I tell him that the car actually prefers to go fast. Im not kidding she is FAST!!. I dd not do any modifications yet but I plan to in the future. I sometimes wish I had power lock doors and windows but the cars loyalty to me means much more. Ppl see me on the street and always wanna buy here. I love my car.

Fun, Solid, and Great MPG
By LT on 08/01/09 16:30 PM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This car is a lot of fun to drive around Chicago. The light weight, the 5-speed manual, the 1.5 liter engine, and the tight handling make it feel sporty. Low maintenance. High MPG. The body is solid but starting to rust a bit around the rear wheel wells. After a wash and wax, I get offers from random people on the street to buy it. Just can't bring myself to replace it. Honda really did this one right.

Excellent car ever made
By tony on 03/26/07 00:19 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

this is my first car and i am driving it from last 5 months...it's excellent. it's comfortable, fun, dependable. i bought it used. previous owner was careless, he never care for it. since i bought it it sits in garage. it's an automatic but i SHIFT AT!! MPG is low (because of my driving habits 3rd at 80 mph)..i don't like driving my second car (2003 accord).. i like most is its comfort. it feels solid.. wish if honda restart its production with 300+ HP, I am really gonna buy 1.. I LOVE MY EG!!!

Finally, a place to praise her!
By Ray C on 11/28/05 21:35 PM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Purchasing her was a nightmare, but owning her is a dream. This car has seen: 5 roundtrip treks from Chicago to L.A., plowed through 2 ft deep snow (clearing a path for a Blazer for 4 miles), ran into the side of a mountain (friend borrowed her), carried everything I owned as a bachelor, beats camaros through intersections (then loses a block later, lol), looks great, runs better, and is still ready for more. I realize no one will probably see this because of the year, but she is worth the effort to type a few words of praise. I will look back on the time i owned her, and smile. I will always compare future cars to her. My children will drive Civic HB's as their startup cars if I can convince them.

Fun, inexpensive ride, gr8 fro college
By saX on 10/09/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

Low to no maintaining cost, fuel efficient,very reliable.

LOADS OF FUN FOR A SMALL PRICE!!!!!!!
By Stedman05 on 09/21/03 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I love it. It has great handling, acceleration for a car w/ a 102hp, lots of cargo room, cool looks, and GREAT mpg. The car looks great for a 92 w/ a simple yet sporty design. The acceleration is great especially w/ the 5-spd. The seats are great. They have lots of side bolstering for hips, ribs, and a little for shoulders. They have great lumbar support too. The handling is great. You don't have to worry about hitting anyone in parking lots. I would suggest getting one without PS, because you get a better feel of the road. Don't forget the 35/40 mpg you get with the car. If you want a cool little car but on a budget, this is the car for you.

car with a personality!
By Deep in the snow on 02/17/03 00:00 AM (PST)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

This car is just great. I thought it was getting old so I bought a newer Dodge to replace it. The latter had half the mileage, twice the engine size and all the extra features you can think of... I ended up selling it and keeping my Honda instead. Even at 100k miles, it is a very reliable car and its engine starts promptly at -20F, only done minor repairs. Overall, excellent car. Great looking too.

Won't ever sell it
By Maxwell on 05/27/02 00:00 AM (PDT)

1992 Honda Civic Hatchback DX 2dr Hatchback

I bought this car new when I was in college. Now, 10 years later and with a good job I still love it. Everyone I work with drives new SUVs, luxury sedans, or sport cars, but I enjoy driving my Civic. It has a solid feel, responsive handling, acceptable accelleration, and I like the styling (much less cheap looking than the new Civics). Plus, I don't feel nervous parking in D.C. or driving over potholes.